The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 15, 2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Willie Sutton

Who makes two-pistol display cases?

Just got a beautiful set of 1860 Army's (THANKS to Old Smoker, who sent me a pair that is gorgeous), and need a presentation case for the pair. Who makes a case fitted for two 1860's with accessories? This is going to be presented and I want to make it a nice package.

Willie

Old March 15, 2012, 07:20 PM   #2
arcticap

I don't know anyone who simply offers a double revolver case that's fitted for accessories.
But here's an outfit to ask about making an economical custom double case to your specifications. You would supply outline drawings.

http://hampelswoodlandproducts.com/i...79bac69a903bd5

Another outfit will also make a custom presentation box:

http://www.gunstands.com/cases.htm

Last edited by arcticap; March 15, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old March 15, 2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Fingers McGee

Bill Shumate at Bill's Cases. http://billscases.com He makes cases that look like originals. Another source is Les Yoder at Brookfield Case, Inc. www.brookfieldcase.com

Here's a 2nd Gen case that came from the Colt Custom Shop.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Last edited by Fingers McGee; March 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old March 16, 2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Willie Sutton

Thanks guys... still no dice on what's needed though. Did learn some stuff though: What I want is described as "English Fitted" v/s "French Fitted", meaning that the cutouts are not perfectly cut into the case bottom, but that the case is simply partitioned with wood, with spots to put the pistols and also areas to put in accessories, but those areas are not "fitted" to the accessories.

The (beautiful) Colt Custom Shop case above is what is described as French Fitted. Not exactly what I need, albeit lovely.

Someone must make these... I see pistols being sold in them now and then.

Willie

Old March 16, 2012, 10:34 PM   #5
Fingers McGee

Willie. Bills Cases make the english fitted double pistol w/accessories cases. He's got a couple pictures on his website. Here's one of them

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old March 16, 2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Willie Sutton

Perfect, thanks. I somehow missed them on his site, I'll go poke further. Thanks much!

<edit>: Did so, and have contacted him. Excellent stuff. Thanks even more!

Dave

Last edited by Willie Sutton; March 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM.