The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 22, 2008, 12:01 AM   #1
SenapangPatah

Problem with shotgun. Need advise.

I'm new in owning a shotgun. I hv Fabarm 12gauge o/under and the semi-automatic (correct term?) isnt working. Another problem is, the barrel always ejected the upper barrel shell although it was never shot.

Could anyone advise me on what is wrong and is it DIY?

Sorry if I didnt get all the terms correct. English is my 2nd language.
Old May 22, 2008, 12:28 PM   #2
BigJimP

I know english is not your primary language - but you are mixing up your terms a little / so its difficult to know what you mean. I think its probably an operating issue - but again unless we can communicate clearly - it'll be hard to explain over the internet.

The best thing to do would be to go back to the shop where you bought the gun / explain the problem to someone in person.

I suspect you're having a problem with the ejector / and I don't know if that model has a barrel selector or not. There are some guns that shoot the top barrel first all the time - I ran into it on a Weatherby recently with a young shooter. But there may be something wrong with your gun / or something you are doing wrong - so look over the manual / go by the shop where you bought it.
Old May 24, 2008, 01:44 AM   #3
SenapangPatah

I thank you for the advice.
Looks like I'm gonna hv to schedule a trip to the gunshop, located some 400km away from where I'm at...he he...