The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 9, 2011, 10:57 AM   #1
ZVP

Cabela's short'51/'62 holster?

Has anyone tried one of these yet? I am trying to locate a holster for my Piettia '62 Police.
I had read somewhere that earlier models of the Sherrif holster didn't fit the guns well but this ad has "New" posted by it and I was hoping it'd fit the revolver.
The only problem with this holster that I see is the use of snaps to hold down the gun and the belt flap. Not exactlly historically correct, but it would do to carry the gun on a belt.
I have a strange feeling I am going to need to cut down a full sized '51holster to get what I want.
One trick I have found to fit a BP Colt design to some holsters is to order the rimfire version since the cylinders and frame are similar sized. The .36 Colt replicas are very close in size to a Ruger Single Six (go figgure!).
I sure LIKE that Piettia Poilce model! 6 shots instead of 5 and a full sized Navy frame! Very few cap problems the way the channel is cut too. It's one you have to add to the pile!
Anyhow, if anyone has tried this new Cabela's holster (actually a Triple-K brand), please let me know if it fits.
Thanks,
ZVP
Old July 11, 2011, 01:04 AM   #2
62coltnavy

I had one made by Harrison & Harrison for a 62 Navy for a fair price--and they will guarantee the fit. The have a long line of holsters for blackpowder guns, from simple to fancy, and they'll make anyting that suits your fancy (or your budget).