The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 18, 2009, 07:37 AM   #26
#18indycolts

GATS ITALIAN WROTE:
Quote:
Meanwhile, others need to graduate out of their Huggies, put down the drool soaked game controller, and wait for their balls to drop before getting on the internet with their social retard lingo.
you should learn to listen to your advice, coming from someone with GATS in their name. Also, thanx for those that actually commented on the QUESTION. Regardless of you lingo nazi's, this is america and I could care less what the "proper" term is. Thanx to all that actually wasted their time on making it a point on what to call a shotgun. My shottie thanx you also. And to call me a kid is ignorant...anyone ever seen what a SHOTTIE round does to flesh? Anyone? I don't read about, I don't sit on an internet forum board and hypothesize about it or make up fake scenario's. This kid has been face to face with real bullet wounds. So please don't make any more stupid presumptions about me just because of how I called a shotgun.

Last edited by #18indycolts; March 18, 2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old March 18, 2009, 08:04 AM   #27
buzz_knox

No one reads the rules anymore, do they?

Quote:
3) No spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks, be they acrimonious or veiled in humor. If you take issue with a Member's position, by all means speak your mind. If you have a problem with a Member's religion, creed, national origin, sex, politics, associations or personal hygiene, take it to email.
4) Mangling of the English language whether thru ignorance, age, sloth or intent diminishes and embarrasses each of us. Posts which are indecipherable due to inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation. Recidivists will be removed.
Old March 18, 2009, 11:13 AM   #28
oletymer

A lot of the posters here have seen face to face combat. A lot of us did not have air support to soften up the enemy. You actually went face to face with the ememy. So in short don't assume you know more about warfare than the old guys you put down.
Old March 18, 2009, 06:05 PM   #29
Homerboy

I gotta admit the term "shotty" annoys me. Not enough to start a flame war, but I DO roll my eyes and picture a mall ninja when I see or hear it. Same goes for Remmy, Mossy, etc. Just seems stupid to me. The again, I roll my eyes when someone uses "kicks" for shoes (Got me some new kicks), or when I hear " I got pulled over by Five-OH" Just makes a person seem like a complete tool.
Old March 19, 2009, 07:21 PM   #30
inSight-NEO

Quote:
I gotta admit the term "shotty" annoys me. Not enough to start a flame war, but I DO roll my eyes and picture a mall ninja when I see or hear it. Same goes for Remmy, Mossy, etc. Just seems stupid to me. The again, I roll my eyes when someone uses "kicks" for shoes (Got me some new kicks), or when I hear " I got pulled over by Five-OH" Just makes a person seem like a complete tool.
I can see your point, particularly regarding the "kicks" and "Five-O" slang. The others dont bother me so much, if not abused or used out of context. As I mentioned before, Ive seen plenty of those who strictly adhere to "correct" nomenclature regarding weapons, yet have no idea what they are talking about. To me, true ignorance is far more annoying and noticeable than light-hearted slang ever will be.

As to the guy who started this thread, you asked a legit question and deserve nothing more than a legit answer. I have mentioned this before in an earlier post, but I will reiterate that the Federal LE rounds are capable of very tight patterns at considerable distances vs "standard" SG (yes... I mean shotgun) rounds. I like them and choose to continue using them for HD duty.
Old June 4, 2009, 10:28 AM   #31
Brigadier

Mossberg 930, 18.5" cylinder bore, 25 yards, 5 shots of Fed PFC 154 00. [3 slugs to the head to check for POA/POI]

Note: this is the full power version, not the reduced recoil load.

Last edited by Brigadier; June 4, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old June 4, 2009, 12:12 PM   #32
levrluvr

Brigadier- It appears that you are fairly comfortable with your Mossberg.
If you can hit with a slug with that kind of accuracy, you won't ever need buck.
Old June 4, 2009, 01:23 PM   #33
Brigadier

Quote:
Brigadier- It appears that you are fairly comfortable with your Mossberg.
If you can hit with a slug with that kind of accuracy, you won't ever need buck.
Thanks. And that was the first time I had shot it. I had just run 25 rounds of birdshot thru it to confirm functioning, then patterned it with the defensive buckshot, and checked POA/POI of slugs. I am very pleased with the gun.

I prefer buckshot as it has a greater chance of staying in the perp's body vs slugs. I use slugs for hard cover or to increase range.

Old June 4, 2009, 02:41 PM   #34
TxGun

I agree, IMO these "cute" little terms like "shotty" ("shottie"?) do sound somewhat like an adolescent playing at a grownup's game. I think most people find it just a little silly. But again, that's JMO .

Last edited by TxGun; June 4, 2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old June 5, 2009, 09:56 AM   #35
Katrina Guy

I'd post but I have to run and take a ...

...crappie.
Old June 5, 2009, 06:16 PM   #36
Kmar40

You say Mali, I say bu.

Mali!

Boooooo!

Represent!!!!
Old June 7, 2009, 04:49 PM   #37
chuckles

At the risk of ruining the thread with ammo talk, Ammo to Go has the Federal LE-132-00 Low recoil 9 pellet in stock right now. About .80/round delivered in 250 rd. cases. It is IMHO the best Buckshot around. Back to the "shottie" dust-up.
Old June 7, 2009, 05:03 PM   #38
Zilmo

I've decided to find it "cute".
Old June 7, 2009, 09:53 PM   #39
shortwave

Quote:
I`d like to post but I have to go take a crappie
Where are you going to take this fish? I find it humorous that someone talking about respect(or lack there-of) when speaking of a weapon can refer to other TFL members as punks, retards or talking about testicals dropping(women TFL members here, just in case you didn`t know) . Gotta suggestion: show TFL members the same respect you show your shotgun and PM your crude remarks. Don`t care to read em. Thanks in advance. Brigadier, thats some good shooting. Anyone have any pics of the patterns in specialty H/D 'low recoil' rds. at say 10 to 20 yds.?
Old June 8, 2009, 12:49 AM   #40
Positrack

I never realized people took such offense at the slang terms until I started perusing the message board here and at THR. I must say "thanks" though, as I've always wondered just what the hell a "gat" was. And now I know. And it still makes no sense...

All I can say is I call my pickup a "Chevy." It's old and crotchety but doesn't seem to mind.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:34 PM   #41
Katrina Guy

Positrack did you just say Crotchety!???

WHEW, some rude, you fixn get a good fussn ats fer bein so crude yea.