The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 10, 2010, 10:22 PM   #1
bop

"PICs" revolver info needed.

I need some help concerning the origin of a PICs .22 revolver that a friend ask me to clean-up. The only thing on this is the "PIC" stamp on the left side plate & "Made in Italy" on the back end of the cylinder. It looks like some of the old RG Rohm junk from th '70's but its not that nice. Seems to be made of "pot metal" for the frame & a very soft metal on the barrel and cylinder. It's double action only and holds 7 rds. of .22lr. On the bottom of the grip frame is a circle with what looks like RTS in stylized print. The ser.# is S10xx3. Any ideas would be most welcome. This is NOT going to be fired-EVER. A real pos if I ever saw one. It will be a wall hanger in a box from what I've been told. Which is a good thing. Thanks in advance.
Old August 11, 2010, 01:11 PM   #2
collector rob

When I googled "italian rts revolver" I found a link to an auction for this.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...mnum=9740484.0
Old August 23, 2010, 02:16 PM   #3
bop

Thanks Collector Rob!

I WENT ON & LOOKED AT THAT SITE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS THING, EXCEPT THIS IS A REAL .22 DOA REVOLVER WITH A CLEAN, RIFLED BORE. tHE CONSTRUCTION IS DEAD ON SO I ASSUME IT WAS MADE BY THE SAME FOLKS. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE THE HELP. LIKE I SAID, THIS IS A WALL HANGER. AGAIN, THANK YOU.
Old August 23, 2010, 05:06 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

In the heyday of the Saturday Night Special, a number of European companies that had previously made starter or tear gas pistols began to make cartridge pistols for the American market. After the 1968 law banned most from import, the companies either failed or went back to making non-guns. Some actually did improve their products, but they were the exceptions.

If that gun was made in 1962, it probably was just before or contemporaneous with the .22 version described by the OP. Neither has any real value except as an illustration of "how low can you go" in revolver manufacture.

Jim