The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 13, 2020, 08:57 AM   #1
PatientWolf

FNH P-12 availability

Based on previous shopping experience, I would like to purchase an FNH P-12 12-ga.

The local shop hasn’t had any in stock since February. I’ve started to call to see if I can find it in stock anywhere in the area and when the sales people look, they come back with responses of “it’s out of stock everywhere right now” or “FN is not making shotguns any more”.

Does anyone here have more information on this model’s availability?

If they are not making it any more, it would be good to know so I can move on to “Plan B” which would probably be another model also based on the Winchester 1300 design with chokes that can be changed but with an 18” barrel. To my best information, that would lead me to the Winchester SXP line. The Stevens 320 could be considered but it fails the replaceable choke criteria. I’d also lean toward a gun made in Turkey over one made in China.

Are there others I should consider if the FN is truly no longer made?