The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old September 2, 2020, 06:06 PM   #1
triplebike

WALTHER ARMS customer service

Today Walther Arms has made a lifelong customer out of me. I called their customer service department to order a replacement recoil assembly for my PPQ 9MM. Spoke to a very nice woman on the phone after about a 1 minute wait about my request. She verified that it was a 9MM, asked for my name and address and after that info was given she said she would have the entire recoil assembly send out. I offered my credit card # & the serial # of my PPQ. She then told me that neither was necessary. She thanked me for my support of Walther Arms & told me to have a nice day. My son & his fiancé are both in the market for new (for her) & additional (for him) firearms. I will now add Walther, along with Ruger as my recommendations. I own four Ruger 22's, my next 22 purchase with be the Walther PPQ 22. I strongly recommend that new buyers should research the customer service aspect and that it should weigh heavily on their decision.
Old September 2, 2020, 09:57 PM   #2
USVI

I own firearms from both company's a PPS M1 9mm and Ruger AR 556. I have not need to use customer service from either but it is great to hear the they back their products so well.
Old September 2, 2020, 11:55 PM   #3
allenomics

Walther customer service is excellent. I sent my PPS M2 to Walther via FedEx after a recall the Tuesday afternoon before Thanksgiving. It was back in my possession the following Monday afternoon despite the holiday, Black Friday and a weekend. Walther paid for shipping both ways. That's amazing.
Old September 4, 2020, 12:53 AM   #4
Tygus.Shooting

Totally agree with triplebike's post!

I'm happy that you had an excellent experience with the Walther people, triplebike! I had the same pleasant experience several years ago, when I sent back a Walther P22 that I had completely worn out within the warranty period. The folks at Walther simply sent me a brand new gun, and that was the end of the matter.

Full story here:https://tygus.net/2017/05/26/lure-of-the-22-plinker/

You know, I wish someone would set up a directory that shows the customer service efficiency of different firearms manufacturers. This would warn buyers in advance of potential problems that they could run into if they had to deal with the manufacturers regarding repairs and/or service.

As things stand right now, the average gun buyer can hardly know what kind of customer service to expect when he/she purchases a new gun. The experience could be as pleasant as dealing with Walther, or be so bad that it causes apoplexy.

I love gun control. It lets me hit what I'm shooting at!