The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 24, 2018, 12:47 PM   #1
Oldjarhead

Theis holsters

Looking to possibly ordering a Theis holster. I wanted to ask owners their opinion. What was the turn around time when ordering? Thanks.
Old May 24, 2018, 02:11 PM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

I have one of their horsehide models (that they don't make any more) that I got around 2010. Carried a 1911 in it for about 3 years. It was a well-made holster and I wouldn't hesitate to get a Theis if I were still using that style. So, for whatever it's worth, that's my opinion.

As for turnaround time, I have no idea. I seem to recall it being really quick, but then again, . . . that was ~8 years ago. Why not email them? https://theisholsters.com/contact.php
Old June 15, 2018, 10:04 AM   #3
RedHoundTargets

I got one of their hybrid IWB holsters a couple years ago for a Glock 43. Got the full slide coverage and the standard leather. Also went with the ‘combat cut’ which cut away a bit more material from where your thumb would go when drawing. Looks like that has become standard since I made my purchase and isn’t an option that needs choosing anymore.

I have used it exclusively the past couple years for carrying concealed and it’s very comfortable for all day wear. The holster has a nice level of retention for my tastes and has held up well. I had asked some questions via email and I recall them being quick/responsive. It shippped within a few days for me. I’ve recommended them to friends when asked.
Old June 15, 2018, 02:54 PM   #4
cw308

Have you looked at the Vedder LightTuck holster. I like leather but after using the Vedder I find myself carrying in the kydex 98% of the time , AIWB carry with a 3" 1911 in 45acp.
Old June 21, 2018, 12:02 AM   #5
dyl

I've had a Theiss hybrid for maybe 5-6 years for occasional IWB carry. It's still in great condition. Turnaround time for me way back then may not even be relevant anymore but I think it was a couple weeks. It's still the only IWB I have, last used it to dabble in IDPA last year. At the time I ordered Kydex belt clips which broke after a couple years, and i replaced with steel clips from amazon.