The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 31, 2017, 12:38 PM   #1
mrstang01

Recommend a pair of lights for Mossy 500

Setting up a pair of Mossberg 500's for HD, and I'd like to get a set of lights for them. Can anyone recommend a good LED light that will stand up to the recoil of 12 gauge, but not break the bank?

Thanks,

Michael
Old May 31, 2017, 05:04 PM   #2
PlatinumCore16

Currently I have THIS mounted on my HD shotgun and I've taken it to the range and put about 20+ rounds through it. I can't remember how many exactly. No more than 50. It still lights up.

Edit: Forgot to add, it does NOT have a 'stay on' capability. At least if you use the remote switch. I honestly don't remember if the normal end cap does because I literally took it off as soon as I'd taken everything out of the box. So if you want to be able to click it on and leave it, the remote switch that comes with that model doesn't.
Old June 1, 2017, 09:38 AM   #3
g.willikers

Flash lights are generally very tough.
Considering the abuse they are expected to take, day in and day out, just about any of them from the major brands should suit.
Especially since they will probably only be mounted on the shotgun when at home.
Unless you are planning on regularly practicing on a dark range or attending a training class.
Then it might be prudent to have at least one backup.
The one Platinum suggests looks inviting, especially at the low cost.