The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 8, 2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Sixer

WTS post got nuked!

I think I know why now... forgot to put my location in the title, oops.

Still, did you really have to delete the whole post? Could you have maybe just sent a quick reminder via PM? I'm not selling holsters from a bungalow overseas.

I could have typed the letters "MO" in less time than it took to make the whole post disappear. Sorry, honest mistake... just a pain to type it all out and post pics again.

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old May 8, 2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Bud Helms

Quote:
Could you have maybe just sent a quick reminder via PM?
Could you just read the posting rules for the Buy, Sell & Trade forums before you post?

Seriously, we used to PM about this problem. We also used to open the thread to find out where the member is from and fix the title. Then we discover that the member may not have his location in his ID block. Then it's all for nothing. Yeah, just a few seconds from your point of view. 'Doesn't seem like much to you because you are thinking of only your post. We don't have one member to watch after and help along. Do you see how much trouble this can be in three separate Buy, Sell & Trade forums? All because you don't check the guidelines for posting?

It's a "quick reminder" to you that we don't think should be necessary. It's free. Read the rules.
Old May 8, 2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Sixer

Quote:
It's free. Read the rules.
I hear ya Bud.

I appreciate the free service that TFL allows... but really, are there many other gun forums that charge for this? How's that working out for them?

I've read the rules, I just don't read them every single time I post. They've changed a once or twice since I joined this fine community. It was a mental lapse on my part, albeit a small one.

Either way, I'll tell any and everyone that TFL is a priceless resource and one of the best gun forums on the web. I really do appreciate the time you guys put in to make this site run smoothly. Be sure that next time I post in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum I will remember to include my location in the title

BTW - Anyone interested in a Galco OWB for a Sig 229 let me know... I'm in Missouri

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old May 8, 2010, 04:56 PM   #4
Bud Helms

Quote:
I've read the rules, I just don't read them every single time I post. They've changed a once or twice since I joined this fine community.
You may have a point there. All I can say is, we dump several a day and the affected member just reposts and the world keeps turning. It's not personal.
Old May 8, 2010, 06:13 PM   #5
Sixer

Understood... I won't forget it next time

Thanks for what you do and have a great weekend!

Old May 11, 2010, 03:51 AM   #6
Rich Miranda

Sixer, it has happened to me. The reason I forgot was because I was buying, not selling, and I didn't care about shipping charges.

May be a good idea to do all of your typing into MS Word, then copy and paste into TFL. The added benefit is that you can also save your ad as a template this way.