The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 7, 2019, 01:01 PM   #1
Super Sneaky Steve

327PC My Review

By now most people are familiar with this gun so I don't have to spend a lot of time talking about what it is, but if you're thinking of buying it, there's a few important things to consider.

First, how are you going to carry this little beast? The only option for me was the Super Sneaky Steve Super Comfort Deluxe IWB Kydex Holster! It's the thinnest and lightest option. Keeps the gun close to my body and the grip in the small of my back. Doesn't print much at all even with a T-shirt. That's important for an every day carry.

Second is the grips. I tried small good grips at first. They carry well but are painful to use, especially with magnums. The Hogue mono-grip is the best option for recoil control. I am however, trying to make my own rubber grips. That's another story though.

The last thing you need to consider is that this gun is very particular about ammo. The POI shift is dramatic between loads. I tried three different 38's and one 357 load. Results are below. My lightest bullet was 4" low! That may not mean anything when shooting at people, but I've never seen that at 20' from the target. The winner was a heavy and slow 38 spl load and is what I'll carry in it.

By comparison I also brought my 3" SP101 with me. The JSP load was dead on and everything else was within 0.5". I don't know why the 327 is so different, but it is. You have to practice with what you'll carry.

357 Magnum 165gr Cast 5.5 Bullseye............1" low, third best group
38 Spl 110gr Cast 4.5 Bullseye......................4" low, tightest group
38 Spl 125gr Remington JSP 3.8 Bullseye........3" low and 1" to the left ?
38 Spl 165gr Cast 3.2 Bullseye......................0.5" low second tightest group

Old July 7, 2019, 01:51 PM   #2
HighValleyRanch

8 shot super lightweight revolver sounds dandy!

You can grind and shape rubber with a coarse sanding disc. You can use a 5" disc pad on a drill and mount it in a vise and then grind the rubber grips flatter while leaving the backstrap covered. You can also cut the length with a bandsaw, but some rubber grips have steel inside them as wel.
Old July 7, 2019, 08:06 PM   #3
gregstudeny

I love my 327pc. I couldn't find a leather holster so I had a local company (On your 6) make me a kydex owb holster. How is everyone carrying spare ammo? I am using speed strips in a cheap nylon holder. Looking for something better. I've really only tried a few cheap .38 and .357 mag ammo in it and have had similar results. I may start reloading again to tailor a load.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old July 7, 2019, 08:30 PM   #4
Super Sneaky Steve

Reloads seem kind of bulky for this revolver. I usually don't carry one, but I do with my 5 shot guns.
Old July 10, 2019, 06:42 PM   #5
gregstudeny

Got any pics with the new grips and a link to which ones you got?

Old July 11, 2019, 03:27 PM   #6
Super Sneaky Steve

Still working on the custom rubber grips but you can see my other thread to see my latest attempt. My goal is to make an easily repeatable product so I can make more for others who may want one.
Old July 11, 2019, 05:59 PM   #7
gregstudeny

You have now given me the idea to design and 3D print a set of grips. Ive done it for fun for a 1911 but nothing for a revolver yet.

Last edited by gregstudeny; July 11, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old July 11, 2019, 07:55 PM   #8
gregstudeny

What holster and small grip is in your picture?

Old July 11, 2019, 08:16 PM   #9
Super Sneaky Steve

Grips are from my stainless 627PC. Holster is home made.
Old July 12, 2019, 06:06 AM   #10
stinkeypete

What's the distance you are using for your poi and groupings? Sand bag? Ransom Rest? Offhand?
Old July 12, 2019, 02:43 PM   #11
Super Sneaky Steve

Offhand about 20' away. I've never seen shifts so dramatic all at low speeds.
Old July 12, 2019, 04:34 PM   #12
buck460XVR

I've found with my 637 snubbie I have to aim spot on, and cover the bullseye with the bead and not aim 6 o'clock, like my other revolvers, to not impact low. Even with the insignificant barrel dwell, light for caliber bullets still shoot lower than standard 158 grainers. Probably recoil and muzzle lift affecting impact the most. I have an old pair of Uncle Mike's on it and altho it carrys well and is compact, they don't do much to take the pain outta shooting it.