The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 11, 2010, 09:56 PM   #1
MidNight Rider

what happened to my post?

i have been a member since 2006, and i know i have had more than 1 post. i sold a bunch of stuff on here back in 07 and chat from time to time. i posted stuff for sale tonight and thought i would surf the site, and thought i would read the rules again, and i looked back at my profile and i have 1 post. so now i guess my add is going to be pulled. man this sucks

Prices are low, and service is impeccable. And the hours are incredible, they're always open when I show up.
Old August 11, 2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

You're certainly making a lot of assumptions, the worst of which is that there is a conspiracy against you! You have the number of posts indicated because that is the number of times you have posted in the main forums. Posts in the Gun Show buy/sell/trade forums and in the Tech Support forum don't count toward your post count, and they haven't for a long time - longer than you have been a member.

Since this is a question for the Staff, I'm moving it to the Tech Support forum. That means you're going to lose a post again.

In addition, I've left your thread alone in the Gun Show you just posted, but it is in danger of being deleted since you haven't followed one of the basic rules for those forums.
Old August 12, 2010, 05:53 AM   #3
MidNight Rider

Mal H. ok, i did not state any where that there is a conspiracy against me. i am not going to get into a debate about it. and making assumptions? are you sure you read my post? i just asked a question and i did not point any fingers at anybody on here. i just asked a question as to why my low numbers of post. it was my fault for not correctly putting this in the correct form, we all make mistakes from time to time, i am only human.

Prices are low, and service is impeccable. And the hours are incredible, they're always open when I show up.
Old August 12, 2010, 10:11 AM   #4
tyme
Staff

Quote:
i looked back at my profile and i have 1 post. so now i guess my add is going to be pulled.
That looked sort of like an allegation of conspiracy to me. Rest assured, nobody is messing with your posts for undisclosed reasons. Or, at least if they are, it's not authorized by the rest of the staff. Maybe there is a conspiracy... except it's not about deleting your posts (you can search for your own posts and find them, back to 2006). It might have something to do with the subliminal messages hidden in the "solid" background of the pages... oops, I'm not supposed to mention that.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old August 12, 2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Mike Irwin
Staff

Oh, and one other thing...

All who were members before adoption of the "You must have X number of meaningful posts to gain posting rights in Gun Show" were grandfathered in.

Your sales thread won't be deleted because you don't have enough posts.

Your sales thread WILL BE DELETED IF YOU DON'T PUT THE STATE IN THE TITLE.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old August 12, 2010, 05:00 PM   #6
MidNight Rider

ok, I guess I need to put on my tin foil hat. I appreciate all the info on my conspiracy theories. I guess the grassy knoll guy is the one to blame. I will pay more attention next time. again, never pointed fingers just asked a question. I was on another board site since 2004 and it crashed about 2 years ago, now the boards show every one with a 1999 register date and all post were reset to zero. I was thinking that might have happened here, so I guess that's the conspiracy people are talking about, that is what i get for thinking. i just call then computer glitches. thanks