The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 24, 2005, 06:01 AM   #1
Shoebox

How many rounds for a 3-gun match?

Looking for a ballpark idea on how much .223, .40 and shotgun shells I should have on hand and expect to use in a "typical" 3-gun match.

Of course I'l bring more than is needed but honestly have no clue as to what to expect regarding a starting point on how much to have on hand.

As always,

Thanks.

Steve
Old December 24, 2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Christopher II

No way to give a specific answer without knowing which match you're going to. A local MD/VA club match might run 75 rifle, 75 pistol, 40 shotgun. The Rocky Mountain 3-Gun or USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals might require three times that amount.

Call, email, or PM the match director and ask him about the round count. Then take twice what he says.

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key