The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 15, 2017, 09:48 PM   #1
wizzamen

Can you believe Amazon did this!

I find it ridiculous that Amazon has now made Birchwood Casey 9mm cleaning patches an exclusive item for Amazon Prime members. If you're not a prime member, you can't buy this item

I understand the benefits of the membership, but I don't want to join. I am so tired of these retailers coming up with gimmicks. When will retailers understand that good customer service, fair prices, and product availability is what sells.

Old March 15, 2017, 11:50 PM   #2
shootniron

They are reserved at that PRICE...for prime members.

I went over there and put them in a cart without prime and it went right through...but it was a little more expensive and I would have had to pay shipping.

Last edited by shootniron; March 15, 2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old March 16, 2017, 12:21 AM   #3
alaskabushman

there are other sellers on Amazon that offer the same product, just at a slightly higher price. The seller at the bottom right has it listed for $10.17 with free shipping. That seems fair to me.
Old March 21, 2017, 06:22 AM   #4
myg30

I guess I got tired of spending on cleaning patches. Went to the fabric Dept and bought a few yards of white flannel.
Spend your free time or have kids, grand kids cut patches for you.
Bag em by caliber

Mike
Old March 21, 2017, 06:58 AM   #5
FITASC

As much as my wife spends shopping on Amazon, Prime is worth it in my household. What I hate is seeing something small and lightweight that has shipping costs exceeding the price of the item, especially when they could just put it in a padded envelope.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa