The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 12, 2018, 05:21 PM   #1
JERRYS.

Leather holster, leather belt, squeak won't stop

I used the search function to review decade old results so I'm asking now in case a solution has been invented.

I have a Galco fletch type holster and wear a leather belt. both are broken in. I do not wish to get candle wax, talcum powder or oil on my clothing nor do I want to go through that ritual every day.

aside from switching holster or belt, what have you found that prevents or greatly reduces the squeak of this leather combo?

thanks.
Old February 14, 2018, 08:19 AM   #2
Theohazard

Well, you already nixed my solution, but I’ll give it to you anyway. I had a Galco leather/kydex hybrid King Tuk holster. The metal belt clips squeaked like crazy against the leather backing. I simply put a little bit of baby powder between the clips and the leather one time and it never squeaked again.

It wasn’t enough baby powder to get on me or my clothes, and after the first application I never needed it again. I suspect that by the time the baby powder all came off the holster had broken in and stopped squeaking by itself.
Old February 14, 2018, 10:18 AM   #3
briandg

If you can get your hands on a bit of motor mica, it is very clean, won't stain your clothing as far as I know. Very good to lubricate, it will work into the leather.
Old February 14, 2018, 04:55 PM   #4
RETG

I have never had the problem, but if I did, my first try to stop it would be Saddle Soap.