The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 20, 2000, 12:00 AM   #1
Mike Irwin
Staff

This evening I wanted to reference a message that I had written some weeks ago (originally in July). I went to the search page, and pasted in the search term, which I KNEW would be specific to my message.

No hits.

I made certain that my parameters were set correctly, that I was searching the right forum, and that I wasn't entering anything that might cause it to void out.

Again, absolutely nothing.

I eventually went back and found the message, which was referenced as recently as August 4th. My search terms were valid.

This was, by the way, in the Handguns section.

Then, just as a kicker, I tried searching on just my name, with ANY date specified. I came up with only 16 hits, all of them very recent.

It appears that the search feature is only searching back a few days at the most.

------------------
Beware the man with the S&W .357 Mag.
Chances are he knows how to use it.
Old August 20, 2000, 12:46 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Searching in the handgun forum is temporarily limited. See: http://www.thefiringline.com:8080/fo...threadid=30914
Old August 21, 2000, 04:30 PM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Thanks Mike and Mal-
I've been on the road the better part of 3 weeks without internet access. I promise to try to put this right on my return late this week.
Rich