The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 29, 2001, 12:43 AM   #1
ljhj45

A funny thing happened while at the gun store yesterday. I went in all set to buy a GLOCK 21 and saw the Beretta 92 Inox. Since he had to order the GLOCK w/night sights, the Beretta came home with me. This is the first gun I have owned the wasn't blue. How should I lube it and what should I use. As a part of the deal, the dealer threw in a bottle of some grease called "+P Stainless Steel Lube". I have never heard of this before, but he said that since this is the Inox, not to use the RemOil that I normally use.
Old April 29, 2001, 05:44 PM   #2
.357SIG

I use RemOil on my Beretta 92 Inox all the time with no ill effects. My buddy does the same and has been for the last 6 years with no problems. That goes to show you how much your gun dealer knows. Just follow the instructions in the manual for care & cleaning. I usually wipe the outsides of all my pistols down with a Kleen-Bore silicone cloth and the Beretta is no exception. Never heard of that stuff he gave you, but you certainly don't need it.
Old April 30, 2001, 02:11 PM   #3
Jay Baker

I have a fair amount of experience with the Beretta 92, blue and stainless, and as long as it fits your hand, you made an excellent choice.

Special oil?? Never heard of it! Rem Oil, Break Free, Tetra Lube, Liquid Film, etc. They'll all do just fine. The main thing is to keep a light film of oil on the slide rails and the locking block. Remember, "stainless" means "Stain LESS."

Wipe it off when you're not using it and it'll last you a lifetime. Good shooting! J.B.