The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 29, 2018, 08:01 AM   #26
Don Dayacetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo.crafter View Post
...and they claim firearms are a dangerous weapon!
Wouldn't be much use, if it wasn't. This is akin to calling a razor blade "sharp".
Old August 29, 2018, 08:05 AM   #27
FITASC

My wife was just in having wrist surgery at an outpatient place. The only gun-oriented site I could access was The High Road, and I suspect that was true because nothing gun-related is in the name so it made it past the filters.

Maybe some future gun sites will do something similar to fool the filters.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old August 29, 2018, 12:18 PM   #28
Onward Allusion

Quote:
If you don't like the free wifi, don't use it, plain and simple.
It ain't free. True pubic wi-fi like the kind that's available at the airport, sure. However, if one is a patient in a hospital, it ain't free. Not the wi-fi, that $10 chunk of jello, or that $15 capsule of Tylenol.
Old August 29, 2018, 12:50 PM   #29
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onward Allusion
It ain't free.
Unless it requires verification and is billed, it's free. Now sure, somewhere down the line, that bill is getting paid by people who are paying hospital bills, so it's not "free"... but the same can be said about literally every single item in every single business/organization in the world. That chair you sit in at a restaurant isn't "free" either, it's part of the overhead... but that's being a tad pedantic.
Old August 29, 2018, 02:02 PM   #30
Roamin_Wade

My children’s doctors office had a questionnaire that asked if there are firearms in the home with my kids living there. Long story short, I upset the calmliness of that office when I asked very loudly what in the blue hell does that have to do with their healthcare. We don’t use that doctor now!