The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 31, 2015, 09:22 AM   #26
SARuger

.223 is a new caliber for me so I'm excited to try it out! With spring on the way I will be hitting the range a good bit soon to get it "right" then it will be time to call a few in.

I decided to keep my 770 .243 as a truck gun since its really not worth anything but if I'm out on the private dirt roads in the Powerstroke and I see a yote I will be ready. The farmers that let me hunt always appreciate getting rid of another predator that stresses their live-stock.
Old January 31, 2015, 10:19 AM   #27
4runnerman

The 223 gets a lot of rap around here for different reasons, but if you take it for what it is ( Varmint rifle). There is not a better calibr (IMHO ). It's deadly, Very Accurate, and just darn fun to shoot. Cheap to reload. Put a good strong scope on it( I have a 8-32 -56 on mine). Ground hogs,gophers,Yotes,ect. With the right bullets it's like a little pee shooter that can. 600 yards plus with them. Just a very enjoyable caliber to shoot.
Old January 31, 2015, 10:30 AM   #28
zachattack2

A .223 is the best for a coyote I can see, it will kill it from 500 yards and more and cheap ammo.