The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 20, 2013, 08:20 PM   #1
9mm

New lcp chipped barrel and nasty mag

Mad face, got brand new lcp and the barrel is chipped/dented. The mag that came with it looks like a pro mag came unfinished cheeSy magazine compared to all my other mags. Gun shoots nice though the photo is at 20 yarda
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (237.4 KB, 135 views)
Old March 20, 2013, 08:21 PM   #2
9mm

More post required by dumb pone won't upload all at once. Chipped barrel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (241.0 KB, 135 views)
Old March 20, 2013, 08:22 PM   #3
9mm

Nice range report shoots great, was around 20 yards, ignore the 10-15 yards I wrote, was wrong
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (246.4 KB, 2951 views)
Old March 20, 2013, 08:26 PM   #4
bt380

Bummer. But if it shoots error free several hundred rounds, you are ahead of many who keep having to send theirs off for warranty work.
-
For future idea, find the gun you are interested in and break it down. Go buy the one you are interested in, and right at the counter, take it apart. You might head off this in the future. If the store person doesn't let you, go to their competition.
-
Because of the poor quality control these days as they are trying to capitalize on the buying, they are letting things go out the door that should not. This is a great time to buy used. You can replace springs, barrels, firing pins, etc cheaper some times pending on the gun of choice. I could care less if the gun is new, as long as it shoots error free.
Old March 20, 2013, 08:30 PM   #5
9mm

Shot error free
Old March 21, 2013, 06:10 AM   #6
Kreyzhorse

If you think the barrel is an issue, call Ruger and send them a picture of it. They will advise you if it is an issue or simply cosmetic.
Old March 21, 2013, 07:40 PM   #7
James K
Member In Memoriam

Maybe I am not looking at the same thing you are, but I am looking at mine and if you mean the shiny edge, I don't see any thing chipped off, just a bit of shine. Maybe the barrel rubbed on something in the parts bin.

Jim
Old March 21, 2013, 08:00 PM   #8
Dashunde

A crappy mag that differs from the ones that came before it isnt cool at all, but I wouldnt be worked up about that ding in the barrel... maybe if it were a DW Valor, yea... but not a LCP.
Watch "How its made", production parts of all types get a real beating as they move along the conveyors, getting dropped of unceremoniously at every bin.
Old March 21, 2013, 10:11 PM   #9
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
This is a great time to buy used. You can replace springs, barrels, firing pins, etc cheaper some times pending on the gun of choice. I could care less if the gun is new, as long as it shoots error free.
Exactly what I did with the P220 and Glock 19. Now they're all new parts and so much less than buying them new with QC issues. Just the peace of mind alone is awesome.

I'm getting a Gen3 barrel and slide from Glock now and like I said the P220 is top notch with all new parts. topgunsupply dot com.

I wouldn't be too worried about an LCP cosmetics either. I don't even like the LCP. Good BUG though for you though OP.