The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 11, 2010, 12:55 AM   #1
JIMSPD9

Tactical stock for Mini-14

Like everyone I would like to have a rootin, tootin, shootin, AR-15. At $800 to $1200 plus a few bells and whistles. My budget wont stand the strain.

I have an almost new Mini-14 ranch rifle, and I have seen the after market stocks with pistol grips, etc., etc. Retail is about $100. My only concern is how will this after market set-up affect the balance of the Mini-14? Will I wind up with a barrel heavy fence post?? Will the new stock fit out of the box?

If anyone has one of these set ups. How do you like it. Pro & Con.

JIM S.
Old November 9, 2010, 07:22 PM   #2
joehorner

I have an ATI Strikeforce stock. It has served me well. It can be had for around $100.00. It is adjustable for length and cheek weld. It is definitly made for a right handed shooter. It does fold and the lockup is solid. It takes a little more time to breakdown as opposed to the wood stock,but not much.. There is a new version out that has metal picatinny rails as opposed to the plastic that came with mine. I like mine.....................................Joe
Old November 10, 2010, 10:29 PM   #3
QuarterHorse

I'm ditching my cheapo folding stock that my Mini 14 has for an ATI or the like here before too long. I wish I could find my walnut stock for it to go back to as well, but it was a couple girlfriends ago and I'm sure she wouldn't like it if I called her up to go make another pass through the house to get some of my old stuff lol.