The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 6, 2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Kyo

de-escalation thinking

Ok, so all I ever read on here is what you would do with your gun. Lets make this a little smarter. What would you do if you didn't have your gun. For whatever reason. The gun is locked in your car, and you aren't near it. Whatever.

Post a scenario. let the next person answer what they would do. After you answer, post one of your own. No hero stuff, has to be thought out, and real!

My example- I go to a club. They don't pat you down, but I went in unarmed anyway. I am with a group of 12 others, half girls, the other half guys. You are on the floor dancing, your friends are as well, and some drunk guy comes up to one of the girls and wants to dance. There is no security here. She shrugs him off and he gets POed. Raises his fist. You are within reach of either of them. The club is packed, you know this because its hot, sweaty, and you can get through if you needed slowly. What do you do? Solve the equation with the least amount of escalation.

I will do one that someone else posts.
4. Be be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Old September 6, 2009, 11:29 PM   #2
jgcoastie

Put him in a transport wristlock and show him the door. Then call the police.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
Old September 6, 2009, 11:32 PM   #3
Bud Helms

I have to say that this scenario trading seems just a little too contrived. Let's resist the urge to post for a day or two and see if it's still there.

Closed.
Closed Thread