The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 24, 2008, 01:40 AM   #1
snipattic

how to post pics

hello can anyone give me some intructions on how to post pics? thanks kindly
Old August 24, 2008, 11:12 AM   #2
kkb

Take a look at:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/faq....b3_attachments
Old August 24, 2008, 11:37 AM   #3
jakeswensonmt

There are free sites that will allow you to upload photos that you can then just link to from your posts (I use photobucket.com) I like this better than attachments, the image is inserted with your text, as opposed to being a little link that you have to click on to see the picture.

Once you've uploaded the photos you just use the little "panorama" button to insert a link to the url of that photo (photobucket even gives you prefab img links you can copy and paste to the post without using the button.)
Old August 24, 2008, 07:41 PM   #4
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

If you guys want to posts pictures here without posting attachments, you will have to register at one of these sites to upload pictures from your files there and then copy and paste the address url of the photo here.

www.hunt101.com
www.photobucket.com

There are others as well. I use hunt101.com the most. The new hunt101.com has unlimited picture posting and doesn't cost a thing. All you have to do is register there. I know you used to have to pay for additional picture posting space at photobucket.com once you went over the space they allowed you. They may have changed since I typed this and might be free as well now. You might want to check. Both of these sites are very good to post pictures with.

Go to one of the sites above and register with a username and password. After you take your pictures from your camera and save in a file(remember the file you save them in) you can upload the pictures at the sites above once you are logged in. Go to upload and click it. Then click browse. Then at the top you will see where you can go to the file that you have the pictures stored in. Click on the picture you want to upload and then click open. This will put the file code to that picture in the upload slot. Then click upload/submit at the bottom. Remember that the picture can't be too big or it won't upload. I like using about 800 x 600 pixel size. So set your camera on the smallest image pixel size and that should work.

If you are at hunt101.com, and after you have uploaded the picture, click process at the bottom and then go back and click on the new picture image you just uploaded. Then go to the bottom right corner of your screen and find this and click it. Then you can copy and paste either the medium or big image whatever one you choose. Also the new feature of the new hunt101.com will already have the IMG tags in the front and the rear of your link. In other words there will be a [IMG] directly in front of the http:// of your link, and a [/IMG] directly at the rear of your link. So all you have to do is copy and paste that link wherever you want your picture to appear here in the post box. Remember wherever the flashing spacebar is in the white post box is where your picture will post once you paste it here.

If you're using photobucket.com once you upload your picture there and click save at the bottom, all you have to do is copy and paste the 4th link underneath your picture that you are wanting to post here that already has the [IMG] [/IMG] tags in the address url image tag link.

Now to post pictures from another site, or from another thread here, all you have to do is this. Go to the picture you are wanting to post here. Put your mouse on that picture. Right click your mouse and then click properties at the very bottom of the drop down menu. This will bring up a properties box. Go to where you see the word Address: with the (URL) directly underneath it. Directly out to the side of Address (URL) you will see http://www. followed by more letters. You need to click and hold your mouse and drag across all of that tag starting with http://www. Make sure you get all of the tag. This will highlight the tag in blue. Now once you get all of it copied, right click and then click copy. Now come here and get the post box to come up. When you are ready to post the picture here, click the yellow insert image box directly above the post box. It looks like this . After you click it, you will get a script prompt box to come up at the top left corner of your screen saying please enter the URL of your image. The word http:// will be in a white space at the bottom of the box. Now put your cursor in the white box and click your mouse. Then right click and then click paste. Then click ok. Then click submit reply at the bottom of the post box and your picture will post here.

This will get to be a piece of cake if you practice it. It isn't easy to put this into words here. I tried my best to do so.

I hope this will help most who don't know how to post pictures.

Brad

Last edited by Mal H; August 28, 2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Updates by Brad
Old August 24, 2008, 08:21 PM   #5
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Great post, Brad.

Thanks.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old August 24, 2008, 08:30 PM   #6
Mal H
Staff

Yes, indeed!

In fact, Brad, would you mind if we copy that to the "Posting Pictures" sticky post?
Old August 24, 2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Hey thanks men.

No I don't mind. I would be honored. I had that saved to help folks out that wanted to learn how to do pictures step by step instead of all the mumbo jumbo that loses people. I had to change it a little since the new hunt101.com changed some things around at their site.

I never posted anything that has been a sticky I don't believe. It took me some time to type all that when I did it a few years ago.

Brad
Old August 24, 2008, 10:24 PM   #8
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

But before you do, I need to fix a few things first in the post above.

I'll let you know when I'm done.

Brad
Old August 24, 2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Ok Mal, I fixed what needed to be fixed since things have changed a little at hunt101.com with the new features there.

Brad
Old August 24, 2008, 11:15 PM   #10
Mal H
Staff

Thanks. Copy made to the sticky. It's post #2 in this thread.

If you need to tweak it any more let either TheBluesMan or me know and we can make the change.
Old August 24, 2008, 11:22 PM   #11
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Hold on a bit. I found one more flaw I need to fix.
Old August 24, 2008, 11:23 PM   #12
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

I'll fix it here and let you know when I'm done.

Then you can just copy it and do it again.

I'll be done in a few minutes and I'll give you the green light.

Brad
Old August 24, 2008, 11:42 PM   #13
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

That should make it more up to date.

Copy that above now for the sticky. I believe I have all the bugs out of it since the changes.

Brad
Old August 25, 2008, 07:56 AM   #14
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Okay, I moved the updated version to the sticky thread that Mal referenced.

Again, Brad, you have our thanks for being so helpful to folks who are new to the process. You've made a positive contribution to our community and we appreciate it.

-Dave
Old August 25, 2008, 08:11 PM   #15
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Dave,

Thank you very much for the kind words. It is much appreciated.
Old August 28, 2008, 02:31 PM   #16
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

TheBluesman,

Couple mistakes I seen if you could fix for me.

Just copy and paste this paragraph below in place of the old one.

If you are at hunt101.com, and after you have uploaded the picture, click process at the bottom and then go back and click on the new picture image you just uploaded. Then go to the bottom right corner of your screen and find this and click it. Then you can copy and paste either the medium or big image whatever one you choose. Also the new feature of the new hunt101.com will already have the IMG tags in the front and the rear of your link. In other words there will be a [IMG] directly in front of the http:// of your link, and a [/IMG] directly at the rear of your link. So all you have to do is copy and paste that link wherever you want your picture to appear here in the post box. Remember wherever the flashing spacebar is in the white post box is where your picture will post once you paste it here.

Also the very next paragraph should be the 4th link. Photobucket changed this on me since I typed this.

Make it read like this below please.

If you're using photobucket.com once you upload your picture there and click save at the bottom, all you have to do is copy and paste the 4th link underneath your picture that you are wanting to post here that already has the [IMG] [/IMG] tags in the address url image tag link.

And finally the ain't ought to be isn't. I should know better. It's down toward the bottom.

This will get to be a piece of cake if you practice it. It ain't easy to put this into words here. I tried my best to do so.

Thanks buddy.

Last edited by Brad Clodfelter; August 28, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old August 28, 2008, 04:07 PM   #17
Mal H
Staff

Brad - I made the indicated changes to both locations, here and in the sticky thread.

Thanks again.
Old August 28, 2008, 06:45 PM   #18
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Thanks Mal.

Could you correct the isn't at the bottom? You have an extra i there.

It's in the sticky one.

It looks like this so you can find it.

This will get to be a piece of cake if you practice it. It isin't easy to put this into words here. I tried my best to do so.

Other than that it looks great.

I appreciate it.

Brad
Old August 28, 2008, 06:59 PM   #19
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Brad, just took care of that extra "i."

Thanks for the great intructions.
Old August 28, 2008, 07:10 PM   #20
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Thanks to all you guys.

I appreciate the honor of your staff recognizing my post and making it a sticky.

Brad
Old August 28, 2008, 07:30 PM   #21
Mal H
Staff

Oops!