The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 20, 2018, 09:42 AM   #1
Prof Young

Berry's Bullets and Free Shipping!

I usually by my plated bullets from Midway USA. I tried the Berry's Bullets website today and paid about the same for the bullets and got free shipping so . . . you can do the math.
Life is good.
Prof Young
Old December 20, 2018, 11:00 AM   #2
TJB101

Thanks ... yes, for something other than 9 or 223 (which normally include shipping) this is great to know. Hoping that it’s all the time.
Old December 20, 2018, 01:37 PM   #3
Sevens

Berry's bullets are fantastic and this is a quality outfit and fine folks to deal with.

When it comes to pricing and Berry's free shipping... keep in mind that Berry's has their own policy with reference to their network of retailers. Berry's supports their retailers by specifically NOT under-cutting them or typically even matching them in price on their site.

If I'm not being clear... I'm simply saying that ordering directly from Berry's is a fine way to go but you can usually find better prices on Berry's bullets from other internet retailers.

Buy lots, stack 'em deep!
Old December 21, 2018, 08:52 AM   #4
mgulino

I've used Berry's plated bullets in 9mm, .357, 45ACP, and 30-30. Fine products.
Old December 21, 2018, 12:15 PM   #5
kmw1954

Use Berry's in 100gr 380, 9mm and 45acp. Have purchased mostly from Cabela's but have also bought from Midway and a bunch from Bullets.com when they closed down.

Berry's everyday policy is every order over $75.00 is shipped free. So any order of 1000 pcs is going to be shipped free.
Old December 21, 2018, 11:16 PM   #6
primerman

yep, a good product and I like their customer service too.
Old December 22, 2018, 01:36 AM   #7
Marco Califo

Berrys Direct Sales Can be Cheaper

Quote:
ordering directly from Berry's is a fine way to go but you can usually find better prices on Berry's bullets from other internet retailers.
Kind of; sort of.
Berry's site sells a broader product line, and has free shipping on orders over $75.
I just placed the same two plated bullets in my cart on Berrys and Midsouth Shooters Supply. After adding shipping at Midsouth, Berrys is net cheaper delivered.
.452 185 RNHB $39.13 $35.85
401 165 $36.44 $33.15
Shipping $0.00 $14.99
Totals $75.57 $83.99

So, with free shipping, Berrys maintains market price support by charging more per unit, but delivering free. While Midshouth has better per unit prices, but end up costing you more in total when they add shipping. That extra cost of $8.42 or 11.1% is also related to Berrys shipping their product to Midsouth warehouse.
For practical purposes, we are not always, if ever, ordering just bullets. And with larger orders (including less heavy items), the shipping costs per unit can get lower. But in this example Berrys direct is cheaper.

Last edited by Marco Califo; December 22, 2018 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Changed Berrys free shipping threshold from $50 to $75. Title.
Old December 23, 2018, 11:14 PM   #8
Sevens

Well, I can't argue! And yet, I will! Haha, not really.

What I mean is that a handful of years back, we had a Berry's rep that was an active poster on these pages, great guy, and it was actually him that shared with us Berry's policy of protecting the relationship with their retailers by not undercutting them.

Maybe it's changed. One thing hasn't changed -- Berry's offers a great product and has always given me great service as well.
Old December 25, 2018, 09:12 PM   #9
Carmady

I bought 1,000 71gr 32s from Midway a few months ago, only because the total cost was cheaper than ordering directly from Berry's. If I had known how much of a character building exercise it was to get Midway to stop the daily emails I would have paid the extra at Berry's.