The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 11, 2013, 04:05 PM   #26
bikerbill

Why's Levi Strauss a surprise? They're HQd in San Francisco, if they supported gun rights the local commisars would have shut them down long ago ...
Old January 11, 2013, 06:58 PM   #27
TheFacts

Celebrity opinions on political issues should have about as much relevancy as alchemy has to chemistry. WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK!!!

The only people that actually listen to celebrity babble and goo goo da da talk are those who have just enough brain power to eat, walk, and cry. Unfortunately, if those mouth breathers are over 18, then they pose a threat on Election Day...maybe

Seriously, let us not worry about the mindless, nonsensical ramblings of a priviledged few who think that the world revolves around them bc everyone knows their name. If Honey Boo Boo decided to go on a tirade about the evils of abortion, its possible that even the most ardent anti abortion activist may rethink their stand on the issue.

Curiosity yields evolution...satiety yields extinction.
Old January 11, 2013, 07:49 PM   #28
therealdeal

MLeake good points but more often they are extremely vocal but do the part anyways. A prime example is Sigourney Weaver(not sure if she is on list but she is a heavy hitter anti). She was very upset about "Aliens" and the movies having so many guns but of course reaps the benefits. On your line of thinking and realizing that acting is their profession and the way they care for their families: she did pull a lee marvin and for the thrid installment of the franchise demanded no guns. That is why the movie was on a penal colony planet where there were no weapons due to them being condemned, sentenced felons. She wanted to be tough in the 2nd movie (1986 "Aliens"), but it was more important to land a huge contract and money raise after the success of 1979 "Alien". Anyways, I saw a movie special/documentary on the franchise and got that info...I also saw it in an online article(I like sci fi movies). the producers were Not happy....good thing she didn't get her way in the 2nd one because that movie knocked the ball out of the park and made the movies a franchise instead of one sequel only....

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)
Old January 11, 2013, 08:01 PM   #29
doofus47

Sting?
When did he get to vote?
uh-oh, we might be outnumbered....
Old January 13, 2013, 01:46 AM   #30
17ghk

I dont care how many fools are on it! 2nd amendment says it all period end of story