The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 21, 2011, 03:02 AM   #1
DG45

Want to buy a Beaumont-Adams .442 replica?

Sure wish somebody like Pietta would make a reasonably priced replica of the Beaumont-Adams 12 bore (.442 cal.) revolver. They were very popular guns in their day. Used by the British Army, and the military of several other countries as well. Used by the Canadian Mounties. Used by a lot of Southern planters and riverboat gambler types. Used by a couple of thousand Union troops in the Civil War (but in .36 cal. Why?)Wild Bill Hickock is said to have preferred them. But no replicas are presently availiable.

The Beaumont-Adams revolver was a 5-shooter and was the world's first double action revolver. A beautiful gun, it was so popular in England and Europe that Colt had to close up shop in London because the Beaumont-Adams revolver was taking the British market by storm and Colt's sales were drying up. The Beaumont-Adams .442 cal. bullet was considered to be a great manstopper.

In styling, the B/A was clearly the forerunner of the later Webleys and Enfields that followed, but was more elegantly styled than either of those. They just look like a gentlemans revolver, but a serious gentleman, like maybe a Confederate Cavalry officer.

I'm trying to gin up some American interest in the B/A because if enough people demanded it, maybe somebody like Pietta would start building replicas for the American market. I'd be willing to pay about $450 for a GOOD replica, right now.

Anybody besides me be willing to buy a Beaumont-Adams .442 replica if they were made and were of Good quality at a reasonable price?
PS. If you don't know what they looked like, take a minute and type the name into a search engine and check them out.You'll like their looks, I'd bet.
Old May 21, 2011, 03:49 AM   #2
Hawg

Quote:
You'll like their looks, I'd bet.
You'd lose.
Old May 21, 2011, 11:43 AM   #3
g.willikers

Loren Estleman's character, in his western marshall series of novels, carries one.
Yeah, I'll take one.
Old May 22, 2011, 08:09 AM   #4
pohill

Nice gun but it might be too complicated for a replica. Did it come in single action like the Starr?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=230961893
Old May 22, 2011, 08:19 AM   #5
Hawg

The first ones were DAO, the later ones could be uses SA.