The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 6, 2006, 05:53 AM   #1
sewerman

slide jamming 24/7 taurus

my son's 24/7 was brought to me with the slide jammed in the fire position.
i checked if the manual safety lock out was engaged. no the key locked and unlocked the lock out as it should.
i racked the slide with brute force and it slowly inched rearward about 1/3 of the travel then stopped.
using a small brass drift and hammer i lightly tapped the front of the slide till it locked in the rearward position.
diassembled for inspection , found nothing broken. not unusally dirty either.
did a light clean and function checked ...seemed ok though son says when rapid firing it jamms after the 12th rd yet fires ok if doing steady slow fire.
i have experienced on striker fired weapons that if the guide rod becomes unseated during reassembly this type of jamming will occurr though i did not find this situation. any ideas? thanks

"They that can give up an essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety!" Benjamin franklin

The Armed Citizen PREVENTS tyranny!
Old May 7, 2006, 05:17 PM   #2
whitebb

I have no idea, but I'd send it back to Taurus. They do have a lifetime gaurantee. Sucks that its malfunctioning.
http://www.taurususa.com/main/repair-policy.cfm