The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old April 2, 2017, 07:56 AM   #76
std7mag

oop, I stand corrected, Carjunkie...

I forgot about the 120gr. Ballistic Tip. Probably because I don't shoot them. The 120gr. bullets I have are the Hornady HP varmint.

Thanks..
Old April 4, 2017, 04:02 PM   #77
David Ozlo

That CZ is a beautiful rifle. Maybe when we get this country pointed in the right direction we will get back to building rifles like that for the working man.
Old April 4, 2017, 04:50 PM   #78
Olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ozlo View Post
That CZ is a beautiful rifle. Maybe when we get this country pointed in the right direction we will get back to building rifles like that for the working man.

I agree, but I think the working man's rifle has become something like the Ruger American. Inexpensive, accurate, and cheap to manufacture.
Old April 6, 2017, 07:40 AM   #79
Wildernesshunter

This week I will purchase a Mossberg Patriot in 308 for my son-in-law. It's a gift for his graduation from Med School. He has been wanting a bigger caliber to compliment the 243 he has.

My point here is.....I am super impressed with the Patriot as an affordable gun that is shooting very well in most hands.

Since you have a 243, and you don't want a 308.....and the 270 was more recoil than you wanted, consider a 7mm-08 Patriot in wood stock. It's under $400 and it is such a nice looking gun.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...T+22+7MM08+WAL

Or....if you want something really cool.... Research the Howa 1500 Mini Action in a 6.5 Grendel. Very low recoil and the balistics are pretty darn impressive....a real deer killer out to 400 yards. I own the gun in the 7.62x39 and absolutely love it. Harvested a nice deer this year with a 265 yd shot.

Last edited by Wildernesshunter; April 6, 2017 at 07:46 AM.