The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 25, 2005, 05:56 PM   #1
psycho nut

Anybody play paintball????

Well, do you? Senarios(sp?) are pretty fun.
Old September 25, 2005, 06:12 PM   #2
MRex21

I do.

I also work for TAW Paintball Productions

We also do law enforcement training. Scenario paintball is like no other sport in the world.
Old September 25, 2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Kamicosmos

I used to. Haven't played in many years. I still have my Tippman Pro-Light out in the garage.

-- Major Motoko Kusanagi GitS:SAC

Member of NRA and Western Missouri Shooters Alliance
Old September 25, 2005, 07:34 PM   #4
gddyup

I was playing religiously every week a few years ago but then my son came along and I didn't really have time to get out there anymore. I sold most of my equipment and just haven't had the opportunity or time to do it since.

It's hella fun though..

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement" - Unknown.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein
Old September 25, 2005, 07:48 PM   #5
Dean C

I can't point a gun at someone for fun.
dean
Old September 25, 2005, 09:20 PM   #6
darkvibe

^^ thats why the "proper" name for it is a marker, not a gun. Well, according to most people who play.

I play speedball.
Old September 25, 2005, 09:26 PM   #7
perception

I used to play, I still have my Tippman A-5. I break it out and shoot it occasionally.
Old September 25, 2005, 09:34 PM   #8
xXStarScreamXx

I do.

I havent ina while but i still have my team boarded angel 4 fly (Joy Division)
Old September 25, 2005, 10:07 PM   #9
coolridelude

i do i play woodball and scenario games. i play every week for about 3 hours in the 100 degree weather... when i am not at the range i am paintballing. i might have to slow down on paintballing because it eats my ammo money and vice versa. some of the guns(marker) cost about the same as a real gun. expensive.

Last edited by coolridelude; September 25, 2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old September 25, 2005, 10:52 PM   #10
yorec

Used to... But it become too "gamey" and I put the marker away. I like sneaking through the brush with the best of 'em, but when it started boiling down to who could throw the most paint the fastest I lost a lot of interest.
Old September 26, 2005, 12:17 AM   #11
MRex21

When I was into it big time, I played tournaments and scenario ball. In fact, I took a team to the Police/Fire Olympics. We placed 9th overall. Not too shabby.

I just sold my Nasty Impulse and STO Autococker. Right now, I roll out with a modded Tippmann A5, with electro-trigger. My next marker is going to be an Angel Fly of some sort.
Old September 26, 2005, 07:22 AM   #12
Slateman

Used to play. Still have my automag around here somewhere. Its just so . . . . danged expensive. Seriously, it was getting to be 50 bucks a day.
Old September 26, 2005, 11:49 AM   #13
Derius_T

Kamicosmos wrote:

Quote:
I still have my Tippman Pro-Light out in the garage.
Me too. I can't believe how much money I spent on every single mod you could get for it at the time. I think every concievable working piece has been modded or upgraded. It USED to be the top gun in its day. Really bummed me out when they made you chrono in at 300fps for tourney play.

Now its not even as good as some of the rental guns.

But with my current physical probs, its impossible to play anymore. I still have goggles, masks, cases of balls, all kinds of stuff around here.

We even went to a local welding shop and got a HUGE used acetalyne (sp?) tank and kept it filled with co2, and had all the hookups to fill all size bottles. We still have that too.
Old September 26, 2005, 01:45 PM   #14
Doug.38PR

I went only once. Too bad I don't have time for it again. It sure was a lot of fun. But man o man. There are a lot of adults (?) out there in the field who are a little...too into it. Act almost like these "militia" (?) nuts.
Old September 26, 2005, 02:26 PM   #15
Trip20

I saw a vid of a guy who had some deal like a muzzle break on the end of his setup that would make the paintball curve in all directions depending on where he twisted the muzzle break doohicky. He was able to hit things that were behind trees and such by making it curve around.

I thought that was pretty neat - but kind of cheating!
Old September 26, 2005, 02:28 PM   #16
Twycross

I've done it once or twice, but that's it.
Old September 26, 2005, 06:57 PM   #17
psycho nut

Quote:
I saw a vid of a guy who had some deal like a muzzle break on the end of his setup that would make the paintball curve in all directions depending on where he twisted the muzzle break doohicky. He was able to hit things that were behind trees and such by making it curve around.
BT makes something like that, I would consider it cheating. Unless everyone had one.
Old September 26, 2005, 07:13 PM   #18
Trip20

Found the video!

*Don't click on this link if your at work. The video is in good taste but I think a banner add or two might get ya in trouble.
Old September 26, 2005, 08:04 PM   #19
Slateman

Yea that thing is based on the original flatline barrel. Good to see that the technology has improved cus that original flatline was a pain in the butt to install on a Tippman 98.
Old September 26, 2005, 11:26 PM   #20
Gangrene

Well, I've been lurking on this site for a week now I figure I might as well post something.

Paintball is a great game! The woods games and scenarios where you have to stalk or out-maneuver your opponents make for fantastic fun. Its healthy too. Knowing you will get a big welt when hit really adds to the motivation to move. The only thing I don't like about paintball is speedball. No offense to anyone who may like it, but that has got to be the worst way to play. Its mostly twitch with little strategy.

Hey MRex21, thanks for the link. I have been looking for a non-speedball field reasonabley close to the bay area. I will have to check that out some time.
Old September 28, 2005, 03:27 AM   #21
SAXD9

I was really into paintball a few years ago, but it got too expensive. I noticed recently that cases of paint are way cheaper than they were, and I'm trying to find some interested folks for some woods games.
I still have a Spyder TL Plus, converted to low pressure, 2 co2 tanks, my mask with a cpu fan I added to keep it de-fogged, and a harness with 4 150rd ball haulers.
Norinco SKS/ Wolf 7.62x39 FMJ
Old September 29, 2005, 06:33 PM   #22
Vitamin G

Played NPPL and PSP in 2004. Been to Denver, IAO, Chicago Open, Philly, Huntington Beach, The Ultimate Madness indoor, and a host of others.

Then I got into real guns...
Old October 2, 2005, 03:12 PM   #23
chris in va

I played every weekend for a while. But like yorec said, the 'woodsball' games got taken over by the 14 year olds with the daddy-bought $1000 electros and suddenly it wasn't fun anymore.

I do enjoy sneaking around in the woods though.
Old October 2, 2005, 05:13 PM   #24
MRex21

You guys really need to try scenario paintball. It's a whole different animal. It's head and shoulders above the spray and pray tournament ball. There's scads of companies down south that run these games on weekends. Wayne Dollack's is one of them. I think Viper, and MXS also do southern games.
Old October 2, 2005, 05:22 PM   #25
Hollywood D

There was a paintball shop here but it went out of business. The owner used to set up a game every weekend out in the woods or wherever. Was a lot of fun. Got expensive though. Trying to put tactics to work was the funnest part, plus you have to keep moving to try and not get hit.
Closed Thread