The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 28, 2021, 08:36 AM   #26
STORM2

Somebody dislikes everything on the planet. Some folks and new rope! What I don’t understand is why folks are so trusting? If you do internet stuff long enough you WILL get burned.
Old September 29, 2021, 11:24 PM   #27
bbqncigars

The few times I've bid on ebay has been via a sniper. I set my max purchase price and forget about it until the auction is over. I have better things to do with my time than watch bidding.
Old September 30, 2021, 10:49 AM   #28
ballardw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqncigars View Post
The few times I've bid on ebay has been via a sniper. I set my max purchase price and forget about it until the auction is over. I have better things to do with my time than watch bidding.
On ebay you don't even need a sniper program. That is how the default bidding works now. Make your max bid. If someone has bid on the item your actual bid will increment until it exceeds the current within the setting for bid increments and you are the current "winner". If your max is below the current bidders max their bids get incremented and the displayed max is reset and you get a notice of being outbid.
Old September 30, 2021, 11:41 AM   #29
dogtown tom

Complaining about sniping on Ebay is like being surprised by the sun coming up in the morning....but, but but it was dark when I went to bed!

High bidders win. It doesn't matter if you bid on day one or thirty seconds before the end of the auction.

Auction item was started at $1.
First bid was $1.01
Thirty seconds before the auction ends, someone bids $100.
Ten seconds before auction ends, someone else bids $150. and wins auction.

Ten seconds later bidder #1 posts online complaining about getting sniped on Ebay.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE