The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 23, 2021, 04:16 PM   #51
Seedy Character

Outstanding
Old September 12, 2022, 09:42 AM   #52
ligonierbill

Trophies are up

Just about a year, as expected, and I received my Namibian trophies. Nice job by Trophaedienste in Windhoek and African Shipping Services. Well packaged, no damage. Shipping cost a little more than my roundtrip plane ticket, and the whole deal cost just a little less than my $7k hunt. So, all in I stayed under my $20k estimate, but just. Note the kudu is in my stairwell, the only place in our house with enough overhead for him. That's an issue to consider if you plan to go. Also, you can save a lot of money by going with a European skull mount. My springbok (not pictured) was so mounted to give me something I can hang anywhere. Got the hide, too, in the photo of the hartebeest. The tanned hide only cost $60.

If you are thinking of going, Dallas Safari Club has their convention early in January. My guys, Kowas, will be there, along with literally hundreds of others. They have seminars and such to help plan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hartebeest.jpg (276.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Kudu.jpg (363.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Oryx.jpg (426.4 KB, 19 views)