The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 13, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1
alan

recommended reading, or so it strikes me

Have a look at the 11 February issue of National Review, paying particular attention to two articles.

One of these is entitled The Right To Bear Arms And Popular Sovereignty, by Charles C.W. Cooke, formerly of the UK. Among other points raised by Mr. Cooke is the following, re the possession of arms. "Why do you need an AR-15, a question asked by anti gun types and some in elective office. According to Mr. Cooke, a better version of this question is, and I agree with him, "Why don't you want me to have one", which strikes me as a most cogent question. Read the article.

The second article is entitled Armed, Not Dangerous by Kevin D. Williamson, sub headed Every Swiss man is trained to shoot, do why don't they? This article speaks to the near dirth of firearms crime in Switzerland, and the possible reasons for this situation. It's an interesting read also.

I've been unable to bring either of these articles upon the internet, ergo no links thereto, however interested parties might find a copy in their local library, or perhaps on the magazine racks at their favorite book shop or supermarket. Read both articles, they are worth the small effort involved.