The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old April 27, 2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Pahoo

FFL Required for M/L's ??

Quote:
Why do some seller/dealers require a recieving FFL for Muzzleloaders?
From time to time, I track and buy M/L's on GunBroker. Some list that they will only ship to FFL's and then again, some don't have this requirement.

As an example, I list the following item;
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=283236326

In the past, I have contacted some sellers, with this question and most do not reply. A few that have and stated that it's there policy as advised by their lawyers. If there are legal issues, then perhaps it might also be illegal for private sales; again, on M/L's? One seller told me to ignore it and another, to just provide a copy of my driver's license. Instead of providing my driver's license, I provided a copy of my state's purchasing permit. ....

I'm not paranoid, just private and protective. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old April 27, 2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Doyle

I think the reason they do it is they don't want to have to get involved with trying to figure out which states follow federal rules and which states have their own rules. By requiring shipping to an FFL, they don't have to worry about it.
Old April 27, 2012, 12:37 PM   #3
orangello

I have seen that and find it annoying. Luckily,i guess, i am usually too broke to bid and be truly bothered.