The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 16, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1
ffemt442

id help

I bought a beretta al391 urika. It has a gold duck on ejection side of reciever and 2 pheseants on the other. I seen this same one on gun broker alot higher then any others at 1500-1600. What is the model of option that makes it so much more valuable?
Old July 16, 2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Technosavant

Beretta made a bunch of 391 variants.

Basically, the extra money goes into things like furniture (nicer wood, more stock adjustment options), finish (the prettier, the more expensive), and other assorted things. Same basic action, but prices can vary wildly.

Kind of the same reason the Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade have such a variance in price- same basic vehicle, exact features will vary along with price.
Old July 16, 2010, 05:50 PM   #3
PetahW

What you have seems to be a Urika Optima AL391 Urika 2 Gold.

Optima's are similar to standard Urika's, but feature Beretta's "Optima-bore" overbore, with flush "Optima Choke Plus" tubes.

The Urika 2 Gold, additionally has oil-finished stocks, and gold-filled game bird inlays, ovr a standard model.

My STANDARD CATALOG OF FIREARMS shows one in "NIB" condition to have a value of $900, the ones on GB non-withstanding.....................