The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 23, 2011, 05:53 PM   #26
Hardy

Uberti is better than Pietta except some of their high end guns that Uberti doesn't make. Uberti still holds to tradition. 3rd gen colts are colts.

WBH
Old April 23, 2011, 07:11 PM   #27
junkman_01

Well Hardy, if you want to start a fight, that statement will do it!
Old April 23, 2011, 07:13 PM   #28
Hawg

Quote:
I have to agree with that. All the way around.
Old April 23, 2011, 10:52 PM   #29
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy
Uberti is better than Pietta except some of their high end guns that Uberti doesn't make.
High end Piettas? Does the word oxymoron ring a bell?

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old April 24, 2011, 12:33 AM   #30
MJN77

Quote:
Don't see the point in fighting. Everyone has their own point of view. Doesn't mean everyone has to agree.
Old April 24, 2011, 06:59 AM   #31
junkman_01

I don't agree with that!
Old April 24, 2011, 08:05 AM   #32
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy
Uberti is better than Pietta except some of their high end guns that Uberti doesn't make.

High end Piettas? Does the word oxymoron ring a bell?

I'm reasonable sure Hardy is referring to the LeMat, Starrs and 1858 Shooters model. The LeMat and Starr revolvers are very unique and receive a much higher quality finish from Pietta to match their much higher cost. The Shooters model 1858 uses a different frame, cylinder and barrel from the standard Pietta. The overall revolver and all internal parts receive a better fit and finish to match it's 300% higher price.

High end Pietta's, without a doubt.
Old April 24, 2011, 02:12 PM   #33
Fingers McGee

True, I did forget about those models.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old April 25, 2011, 08:26 PM   #34
Hardy

Dang---Oxymoron! I am a writer. I wrote fiction novels and one was published in Salt Lake City by Millenial mind Publishing 2002 -Google Hell's Island by William Hardy. "High End" never crossed my mind. For one reason , sorry, but High End is not an Oxymorin.--- 'Jumbo Shrimp' is. I said High End because Pietta makes what Madcrate said and others said. And they make other ones too. Maybe I was referring there be a diffence in some than the $149 brassers and the $199.00 specials

WBH
Old April 26, 2011, 08:22 PM   #35
Hardy

Actually I'm investigating whether the polished steel fluted cylinder(44 Navy Pietta Sherrif model) will fit well in an other (Colt 1860 Army w/gold cylinder and engraved nickel) It is the only un blued 44 colt cylinder I have found. Guys that bought those fancy guns want spare steel cylinders. I cross my fingers they will work.