The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old November 30, 2001, 11:39 PM   #1
Drizzt

Remington Fieldmaster Model 121

One of the guns I picked up while out in TN, is a Remington Fieldmaster Model 121 pump-action .22 (serial 119xxx). This belonged to my step-mother's dad, and has to be at least 50 years old. I've been able to find very little info on this rifle. The Remington site was of little value. I'm assuming it is chambered for .22lr, and not one of the other variants listed. Admittedly, this rifle is not in what I would call "great" shape, but I would like to get some info on it, and maybe see about fixing it up. I definitely need to have someone competent check this out before the thought of firing some test rounds even enters my mind.
"That a free citizen should have to go before a committee, hat in hand, and pray for permission to bear arms - fantastic! Arm your daughter, sir, and pay no attention to petty bureaucrats." Robert Heinlein - Red Planet

Last edited by Drizzt; December 1, 2001 at 12:13 AM.
Old December 1, 2001, 08:10 PM   #2
Steven Mace

Drizzt, The Remington Model 121 Fieldmaster was produced from 1936-1954. The most common version accepted .22 S(20), L(15) and LR(14) cartridges via a tubular magazine. There was also the Model 121S chambered in .22 Rem. Spl.(.22 WRF) and the Model 121SB(smoothbore). If you find yourself in need of replacement parts Gun Parts Corporation does list the Model 121. In excellent condition a Model 121 Fieldmaster might be worth $325-$425. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace