The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 14, 1999, 09:14 PM   #1
Chief Paul

Has anyone else had problems with Cascade Ammo of Oregon? I ordered a thousands rounds of 62 grain .223 from them back in April and still haven't received my order or refund of my check even after several complaints.

I'm afraid that they're a fraud - any comments other than buyer beware?
Old August 15, 1999, 11:54 AM   #2
Karanas

There have been a few other complaints listed recently.
I've had some problems with ammo orders from them in the past. It seemed to me that they took orders for inventory they didn't have, then shipped it to you when they got it in.
With all the y2k hysteria going on and some of the games our beloved president is playing with ammo imports, it wouldn't surprise me that they are this far behind.
Old August 20, 1999, 12:46 AM   #3
mhannah1

I live in Oregon, and I tried calling them once, and e-mailing them once, only to get no reply. Then all of a sudden they started sending me e-mails about all their specials.
I would rather buy from a local dealer, and pick it right off the shelf. They seem kinda shady to me also.
Old August 20, 1999, 01:56 AM   #4
craigz

The word on other boards is that their phone numbers have been disconnected and that they're filing for bankruptcy. No loss, as far as I'm concerned.
Old August 20, 1999, 04:19 PM   #5
Danger Dave

There's a thread on the Gen. Discussion Forum about this company. The general consensus is to avoid them (never dealt with them myself).

Any company that disconnects their phone or hangs up on my or one of my friends (meaning anyone here, too) isn't getting a cent out of me. There are too many options for me to waste my time with that.

BTW, I have a friend in the ammo business, and he has told me he can't make .223 fast enough, the demand is so high right now. Just wanted you to be aware that there may be some delays with ordering .223 anywhere right now.