The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 15, 2009, 02:03 PM   #1
margiesex

RWS Primers - still imported or made?

Obviously, the readers out there are much more widespread than me and I was wondering if anyone has access to, or knows if RWS primers are still made/imported/available?

When I started rolling my own some 40 years ago I depended on RWS small rifle primers for my .222 exclusively. Along came a little place called Vietnam and a first wife named Kelly (LONG gone ) and thought I've been messing with handguns and .06 and .308's I will be getting back into small rifle and was curious about the RWS brand.

Any help is appreciated!

All the best and God bless you all.

Margiesex

And remember: Hug your God and your guns - 'cause he's coming for them both - and soon!
Old June 15, 2009, 06:16 PM   #2
longranger

Someone had a thread on the RWS primers a few weeks ago and was wanting to know if they are good primers.He was able to buy them somewhere,I buy RWS percussion caps where ever I find them mostly at gun shows is where I have seen them.So I am fairly sure they are still made but who has any primers of any type is the challenge for some.
Old June 15, 2009, 09:03 PM   #3
thekyrifleman

Not sure if they are still available...I know that was the question....however, I have several thousand in all versions that still go bang quite easily. Shoot them in my ruger #1 swift and they do quite well. BTW...they are close to 40 years old!!!!
Old June 16, 2009, 07:17 AM   #4
margiesex

Thanks, fellas - I'll keep an eye out!

And, about 40 years ago is about right on!

God bless.

Margiesex

And remember - hug your God and your guns - 'cause he's coming for both, and soon!
Old June 16, 2009, 10:39 PM   #5
thekyrifleman

You know,

that NRA president(Charleton Heston) said "from my cold dead hands!!!!"