The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 10, 2008, 09:45 AM   #1
ShootingNut

Dardas Bullets

Those that have ordered and used lead from Dardas, any comments good or bad about service or products, would be appreciated.
Regards,
SN
Old December 10, 2008, 04:08 PM   #2
CBP

Good bullets and good service. I've ordered 9mm and .45 ACP from him and was pleased with the product. No missing lube or cast lines from the mold. The base of the bullets are smooth. I've only shot the 9mm bullets so far, but haven't had any trouble with leading.

Dardas is only the third caster that I've purchased from, but of the other two, one makes a high quality bullet and the other not so good - missing lube, pocks in the base of the bullet, mold lines, etc. I will definitely go back to Dardas when I need to order again.

Check out this guy - http://www.moyerscastbullets.com/pricelist.html
I was pleased with his bullets. However, since I live in PA, I have to pay the 6% sales tax, which adds to the final cost. I occasionally get to drive past his place, so I can save on the shipping though.

I'll leave the caster with the poorer bullets unnamed.
Old December 10, 2008, 04:34 PM   #3
ShootingNut

CBP

Thanks for your opinion, I'll take your word for it and try some .40's from Dardas.
My regular supplier is a little behind in production, I may be spoiled with his quality.
Regards,
SN
Old December 11, 2008, 06:05 AM   #4
Prince55

Dardas Cast Bullets---

Great to deal with, Excellent Quality perfect looking and shooting bullets
and answers e mails with advice and suggestions.
You Can't Beat Em.
Old December 11, 2008, 08:15 AM   #5
Sevens

After the holidays have died down and the work season for me has ended I plan to punch up Dardas for a pile of cast goodies. I'll report back with my impressions.