The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 10, 2018, 03:48 PM   #26
kymasabe

Anderson Fire Control Group UPDATE:
Anderson sent me a new trigger, hammer, pins, and disconnector. The problem is...the trigger is so poorly machined, there's a big burr hanging off the left side of the trigger, and the right side pin hole wasn't drilled completely thru and I can't get a pin thru all the way !!

Last edited by kymasabe; October 11, 2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old October 10, 2018, 05:32 PM   #27
stagpanther

Quote:
Anderson Fire Control Group UPDATE:
Anderson sent me a new trigger, hammer, pins, and disconnector. The problem is...the trigger is so poorly machined, there's a big burr hanging off the left side of the trigger, and the right side pin hole wasn't drilled completely thru and I can't get a pin thru all the way !!
Anderson's quality control SUCKS !!
Wow--that sucks, can you take a picture and post what you're saying?--I've never heard of a trigger that didn't have the pin hole driven all the way through.
Old October 11, 2018, 10:28 PM   #28
kymasabe

Anderson trigger. I sent Anderson this pic, they said was milled on machine with dull bit, were apologetic and sending new trigger. Yes, I could have fixed it myself (and I did with a tiny round file and some 600 grit sandpaper) but why should I have to , it's brand new. Trigger pin is inserted as far as it would go and burr on left is visible from above.
Old October 11, 2018, 10:41 PM   #29
stagpanther

That's crazy! looks like a c-ring or washer got stuck into the finished hole. Or almost like large diameter Colt pin was forced into the smaller "normal" sized pin hole??
Old October 12, 2018, 12:14 AM   #30
rickyrick

Just cut your losses and get a cmmg kit.

The anderson LPK is the worst thing they have. I have no problem with their products so far.
Old October 12, 2018, 06:34 AM   #31
stagpanther

It's a bit of a blur to me--is it the Andersen or aero LPKs that come in the different colored baggies? I'm with Ricky, get yourself a whole new quality LPK. My guess is Andersen probably farms out their LPK production to some mass producer that makes "mil spec" cheap kits; at least it sure looks like it. They should have apologized profusely and sent you a flawless completely assembled lower--that's what I would have done.

Now that I think about it--save yourself the time and trouble--get yourself a quality LPK without the trigger and buy the trigger group separately--you'll likely eventually do that anyway.

Last edited by stagpanther; October 12, 2018 at 06:48 AM.
Old October 12, 2018, 03:54 PM   #32
kymasabe

Rickyrick: This Anderson kit was for a budget build, I did eventually go get a CMMG trigger, which worked perfectly. Actually, the CMMG was probably the best non-coated, non-enhanced, basic mil-spec trigger I've ever had, I was impressed.
Stagpanther: Those are standard size pins in the pic, just didn't fit because nothing was drilled properly. Regarding colored baggies in the parts kit? I think CMMG does the colored baggies. This was my first time using an Anderson kit. I've used Spikes Tactical kits in the past and were OK, but I actually prefer the Palmetto State Armory kits, I've never had a problem with them. I buy the $69 Clearance Blackhawk kit, I sell the stock, grip, and trigger on eBay, then I keep the rest. I end up paying around $25 to $30 for a build kit with a buffer tube, buffer, spring and all. Then I buy the grip and stock I want. "Cheap" builds get a TomsTactical nickel teflon fire control group and Wolff reduced power trigger and disconnector springs. (...side by side you can't tell the difference between that and an ALG ACT trigger). All my "Keeper" builds get HiperFire EDT triggers.