The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 18, 2021, 11:46 AM   #1
DMK

GRNC on S.736 AWB

View full message here.

This is the message sent out by Grass Roots NC. Please contact your senators about this.

FEINSTEIN’S ‘AWB’ MONSTER IS BACK FROM THE DEAD AND WORSE THAN EVER BEFORE

It’s like a Hollywood sequel that no one wanted, far worse than the original, Diane Feinstein’s ‘AWB’ monster is back.

It was useless the first time around and two features made for a mythical “Assault Weapon”, this time it’s just one, lowering the bar for what they want to ban and ultimately confiscate.

So if you liked the criminalization of your individual rights and freedom with HR8 and HR1446 you’ll love having to register (get permission from the government) your so-called “Assault Weapon” so that it can be easily confiscated later on.

If you have a semiautomatic rifle that ‘has the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed magazine’ and a ‘pistol grip’, ‘or any other characteristic that can function as a grip’. Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of an “Assault Weapon”.

But wait, there’s more!

If you have ‘a semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and does have any 1 of the following… a 'second pistol grip' ‘or any other characteristic that can function as a grip’

Congratulations! You also the proud owner of an “Assault Weapon”.

After all, according to our leftist authoritarian overlords and firearm experts extraordinaire, the way you hold the gun makes all the difference in whether it’s an “Assault Weapon”. And who are we to argue with those who want to crush our civil rights and confiscate our guns?

So don’t worry if you only have a ‘manually operated bolt, pump, lever, or slide action’ firearm. Those will soon be included in the ‘manually operated bolt, pump, lever, or slide action’ firearm loophole.

If you can hold your gun or ‘grip’ it the anti-liberty left will call it an “Assault Weapon” and will want to tax and take it from you. Anti-liberty leftists made up the term “Assault Weapon” and it has no set definition, so it can mean anything.

The time is now to voice your opposition to this freedom-destroying abomination.

Remember: If we don’t STOP this in the Senate it will most certainly pass in the House.

Please contact your senators about this.

Suggested Subject: "NO to S.736 Feinstein’s so-called 'Assault Weapon' ban"

Dear Senator:

I am writing to you today to voice my opposition to S.736 Senator Feinstein’s ‘AWB’ so-called “Assault Weapon” ban. The facts show that the original did not affect crime and its sequel will be even worse with an even bigger overreach.

These types of scams only impact the freedom and civil rights of the innocent. Criminals by definition don’t follow the law, so these types of draconian measures will only impact the liberty of the law-abiding.

This bill is clearly designed to cover as many firearms as possible. Needing only a few more tweaks to cover everything else. The fact is there is no set definition to the made-up terms “Assault Weapon” or “Military Style”, thus these phrases could encompass any gun or any weapon. I demand that you vote NO to this abomination of freedom and civil rights.

I will be monitoring your actions on this important matter through alerts from Grass Roots North Carolina.

Respectfully,
Old March 18, 2021, 11:51 AM   #2
DMK

Link to the bill:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...ll/736?s=5&r=2

S.736 - A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Notice the part about "to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited". They are getting very blatant about their intent.
Old March 18, 2021, 06:56 PM   #3
Tom Servo
Staff

This is nothing new. In fact, it's the same bill she's proposed every single session since 1994.

You may be tempted to ask, "but Mr. Servo...how could you have read it so fast?" I don't need to. I just need to search for mention of the Linda carbine. For some reason, she really hates that thing, despite the fact it's never been used in a crime. It was mostly a prop gun on the A-Team back in the day.

So, anyhow. It has some of the expected cosponsors, but not many of them. She couldn't get it passed in the furor that followed the Sandy Hook tragedy, and I doubt it'll make it through the Senate this time.

It's absolutely worth getting in touch with your elected officials to let them know how awful it is, but they know they only have the juice to get one big bill to the Senate floor, and that'll most likely be one of the background-check bills.
Old March 19, 2021, 10:11 AM   #4
DMK

Quote:
It's absolutely worth getting in touch with your elected officials to let them know how awful it is, but they know they only have the juice to get one big bill to the Senate floor, and that'll most likely be one of the background-check bills.
I hope you are right, but I also believe in preparing for the worst.

They seem quiet emboldened right now. We should neither expect nor show any quarter.
Old March 23, 2021, 05:18 PM   #5
Desmosedici

Yesterday's events certainly aren't going to help.
Old March 24, 2021, 07:03 AM   #6
DMK

No definitely not.

I can't believe people are still saying these bills will never pass.

Past events are not predictors of the future.
Old March 24, 2021, 09:01 AM   #7
USCS

I wish I could be as optimistic. Many people thought the 94 bill would not pass. Subsequent bills failed because some congress critters feared for their seats. Now, Schumer and Pelosi have the magic vote machine. They will use it to protect Democrats in pro gun states, The Republicans will crumble, cower, and cave. The Supreme Court allowed the election to be stolen, I doubt they’ll hear any challenge to the proposed legislation. I expect we’ll be lucky to have grandfathered guns and standard capacity magazines by the end of the 10 year Biden/Harris administration.