The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 15, 2016, 06:52 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Who is importing this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=541342880
TR Imports has a new production version of this classic folding Italian design, but with wood furniture and a little better finished and a just slightly higher price. I wanted to ask my local transferer what he can order me one of them for and would like to have as many options as possible for him to look into. Sometimes I can get a real deal on oddball stuff he wants to take a look at. This low-end version might make a good beater small game gun.
Old February 15, 2016, 07:05 PM   #2
FITASC

Where is it made?
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old February 15, 2016, 11:21 PM   #3
johnwilliamson062

Not sure. The info in that auction is all I have to work with. That design is traditionally southern European, but that doesn't mean someone in Latin America or Asia didn't copy it.

Sold for $82+$27 shipping+ transfer. For a NIB un-fired gun. I'm going to wish I'd bought it.
Old February 16, 2016, 07:29 AM   #4
Virginian

I have to ask, why ?
Old February 16, 2016, 05:21 PM   #5
johnwilliamson062

Why am I going to wish I'd bought it?
1.$120 for a NIB folding shotgun is a steal.
2. Synthetic stock would make it super light for squirrel/rabbit hunting and less painful when it shows wear. This design already tends to be lighter than the traditional hook attachment design.
3. Folding in half makes it far more pack-able than other similar price guns. So I can shoot the non-existent cougar next time I'm backpacking alone.

Why am I asking who is importing it?
So I can have my FFL run one down or at least see his price. Seems this seller is auctioning one a day.