The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 28, 2012, 06:22 PM   #1
sauer_apples

KZ L/E gear...why so cheap?

I've used KZ's slings, rail attachments and even their pen for a few years now. The stuffed has performed perfectly under exposure and abrasion as well as some decent drops. Any firearms class I've been to the folks have reported paying triple what I paid for their gear and it of course suffices. So what gives?
Old July 28, 2012, 06:40 PM   #2
10-96

Sometimes I wonder about that sort of thing. It's my guess that they think folks will be impressed they're seen with high dollar stuff. Others seem to think spending a lot of $$ will make them better ( fill in the blank ). Others just may not know the difference.

I still show up at different matches with pawnshop Samsonite cases for gun cases, bargain bin spotting scopes & tri-pods, 1950's & 60's shooting mat & jacket & slings. For tactical training at work, I still have a set of elbow and knee pads I got from a skateboard section of a sporting goods store. I used to be embarrassed by my cheap stuff, but when my skills got to be respectable- I quit worrying quite so much.

But I know what you mean, throwing money doesn't make a guy a pro.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Tags
botach , cheap , kz le