The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 14, 2009, 06:41 PM   #1
SKULLANDCROSSBONES65

About your books

G'day. What changes would you like to see in your reloading manual?
What stands out as a good feature?
How would you improve your reloading manual?
Have you found any errors in your book? I'm not asking about variations in load data, but rather typos etc.

I have the Speer #11 book. I would like to see a little bit more space between each line.
In the load data section for each cartridge I would like to see room to referance the relative trajectory chart page. I have also listed alternative names of the various powders,but the room is there for that.

I also have Sierra V6 suite. This has the Sierra 5th edition reloading manual. I have found Typo and doubled text. Even found some text for two different cartridges mixed up. Please note that these "errors" have no impact on the relevance or value of the information. (These "errors" have been acknowledged by Sierra and there customer service was excellent.)
The worst thing about this electronic version is I can't put notes or bookmarks on the pages. The next thing that bugs me is a lot of the text/font size is to small. I do like having the electronic version but will probably get a hard copy of the next updated version.
Old May 16, 2009, 11:49 AM   #2
tiberius10721

I would like to all manuals to be formatted and written like my lee reloading manual.lee manuals have easy to read instructions and their data charts are easy for me to read.lot of good stories about what to do and not to do.good reading!
Old May 24, 2009, 02:16 PM   #3
IamLegend

I wont be much help on your questions but:

I own many manuals but my favorite hands down is the Lyman easy to read works with almost any brand bullet and even has alot data on cast lead bullets.
Old May 24, 2009, 04:02 PM   #4
wncchester

In my opinion, a manual is a manual. I don't care much one way or another how it's laid out so long as the data is there and good.

I agree that Lyman's is typically the best manual and best "reference" book too.