The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 12, 2014, 12:48 AM   #1
tahunua001

EAA Combo guns?

hello all, just a bit curious about EAA Bakail break action shotgun/rifle combos. EAA handguns appear to be quite common and even verging on popular however I have never seen one of their long arms in any store or seen a single write up on them. anyone have any firsthand experience with them?
Old February 12, 2014, 09:37 AM   #2
me26245

O/U

I have one of their 12ga/.223 guns.
I haven't used it much so it's still pretty stiff.
Recoil doesn't seem bad, and it seems to point and swing reasonably well.
IIRC the .223 rifling twist rate is 1 in 12 so that limits it to mostly 55gr range projectiles.
Old February 13, 2014, 04:46 PM   #3
ThomasT

I have a 22/410 combo. I really like it. I hadn't shot a 410 much before I got this gun. Now I have five 410s and even made my own 410 loader.

But back to the gun. The fit is very nice and mine even has cast off to the buttstock so keep that in mind if you are sinistrous. OK left handed. I like the fact that you can load the gun and uncock it safely. Plus you can lift the opening lever and recock it. No tools needed to remove the forearm like an H&R. It has a lever set in the wood like all the other shotguns have. Plus it came with 4 choke tubes.

The wood has lots of figure. Its one of the few guns I wish I had a synthetic stock for so I don't damage the wood. The finish is not bluing. I beleive it is black chrome and very rust resistant so far as I can tell.

The only thing I changed on mine was to turn the rear sight around. It looks goofy leaning foward. The front sight is a screw in post that is adjustable for elevation. Windage is adjusted by moving the rear sight. It came with a choke tube tool. I filed a notch in it so I could use it to adjust the front sight.
Old February 14, 2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Deja vu

Id like to see one in 22lr and 12ga. I think it would be very practical.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old February 20, 2014, 07:39 PM   #5
rocknturtle

I had not even hear of one of these. I have an EAA 45 auto that made a believer out of me. I am going to check this out. I love single shot rifles of anykind.
Old February 22, 2014, 07:46 PM   #6
tahunua001

I started looking into them about a year ago but couldn't find any reviews for them. now I guess there are a few popping up on auction sites and my brother in law pointed out out to me so I figured I'd see if anyone had dived into the pool yet.
Old February 25, 2014, 09:26 AM   #7
Unlicensed Dremel

I had one (12 ga / .223) - it was ok, but it was heavy, stiff, and probably the worst drawback was the nature of the scope rail - odd size (11mm), and no cross-slots. Overall I liked it though... I don't know if it would eventually loosen up or not - mine didn't. I found it to be nice-looking and shoot reasonably well. I think it had 1 in 12 twist in .223.
Old February 27, 2014, 07:03 PM   #8
RED_beard92

I got a MP94 12ga over 30.06, I love the gun, I never see myself parting with it. If you are even remotliy thinking about buying one then definitely do it.