The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 26, 2017, 06:58 PM   #1
CalmerThanYou

What would you do?

This is not really firearms related per se, so if it is inappropriate I apologize.

In the past 3 weeks my suburban neighborhood has seen one car break in with the car being garaged. Three blocks away.

10 days ago two doors down there was a home invasion in the early AM hours. Access via a unlocked patio door. The homeowner never heard the intruder and had cash and valuables taken. The intruder left via a side garage service door.

5 days ago a person was spotted, trying to open a patio door three doors down, and was chased away by the owner who was outside having a campfire.

I live in a suburban setting with 100% single family homes.

I just went out for my after dinner cigar and found a small food can with three bullet holes sitting at the bottom of my driveway. Looks like a 22 Was not there 2-3 hours ago.

Would it be prudent to call the police. or am I being a nervous nancy?
Old October 26, 2017, 08:38 PM   #2
larryh1108

With the trouble going on in your neighborhood, a call would not be considered silly. It may give them more reason to drive by a little more often. I can't think of any reason not to make the call.
Old October 26, 2017, 08:46 PM   #3
CalmerThanYou

I am just having a hard time putting the events and the shot up can together. Seems odd to say the least.
Not quite the horse head in my bed trick, but for sure a first.
Old October 26, 2017, 08:54 PM   #4
Ricklin

Neighborhood watch

I would report it. Email to pd perhaps?
Sounds like chatting with a few neighbors would be a good idea. Your local authorities might help facilitate that.
Old October 26, 2017, 09:00 PM   #5
CalmerThanYou

Yeah the actual home invasion caused quite a stir in the neighborhood. And rightly so, that is some serious stuff,
We all got together and installed motion lights and leave our front lights on all night.
So far crimes of opportunity, but the fact that an intruder entered my neighbors home rather freaks me out. My wife and I are security freaks....we deadbolt everything.
Old October 26, 2017, 10:58 PM   #6
Chainsaw.

Likely this is all the results of a single nardewell or one house full of them, keep the police active, they'll catch em and things will probably go back to normal. So yeah, call the cops.
Old October 27, 2017, 05:27 AM   #7
Spats McGee
Staff

Unnerving, but not firearms related. Thus, closed. Best of luck to the OP.