The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 22, 2018, 09:10 PM   #1
HistoryJunky

Taurus PT92C

Anyone know anything about them? I checked one out in a fun shop today and really liked it. 350 bucks used. I like how it feels in my hand.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old February 23, 2018, 04:17 PM   #2
HistoryJunky

Hopefully someone has some info on this pistol. Always been kind of weary of Taurus guns, but this one feels well built.

Old February 23, 2018, 04:47 PM   #3
Siggy-06

I'm not sure if the Taurus 92 compact is still in production. The full size PT92's are one of the guns Taurus does right. I like it better than the Beretta 92, due to safety location and price. Doesn't hurt to make an offer if you like it...
Old February 23, 2018, 04:54 PM   #4
Gus90

I used to have one, no major complaints about it, flush fit magazines were somewhat hard to find, bu the full-size (PT-92 FS) ones were cheap and easy to find. I thought it was pretty easy to shoot, my only complaint was that it had the irritating habit of spitting brass straight back in my face. I'm sure a new extractor spring would have fixed it but I just didnt really care for the Beretta/Taurus 92 style. I think $350 is a fair price, they have been discontinued for some time but finding parts isn't that hard really since most 92 fs parts will fit. If you like the style then they really are pretty good guns.
Old February 23, 2018, 07:11 PM   #5
tallball

My full-sized Taurus PT92 worked great when I bought it around 1990. Thousands of rounds later, it still does. The trigger isn't quite as good as my FiL's Beretta 92, but the controls are better. It's a good solid Beretta copy.
Old February 23, 2018, 09:13 PM   #6
kmw1954

I have one and shoot it every time I go to the range. It uses a 12 round magazine but the regular 15 round mag's will also fit. I shoot 115gr and 124gr plated bullets from it w/o any feed problems.

I bought it used and think it has been worked as this is the only 92C that I have ever seen that has a White Outline rear sight and a very light trigger. I cannot shoot anything that has been loaded with CCI primers as I will get a 50% FTF and the primers look like they haven't been hit.

This is one gun that I don't think I will be releasing anytime soon.

Last edited by kmw1954; February 23, 2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old February 24, 2018, 11:23 AM   #7
HistoryJunky

Well I went ahead and bought it today. Hopefully it is a good shooter.

Old February 24, 2018, 11:33 AM   #8
kmw1954

HistoryJunky good for you! I think they are great pistols and love shooting mine. It absolutely loves 124gr Berry's bullets regardless of what powder they're loaded with.

If you know anything about golf I wear a size Medium cadet golf glove and feel the size of the 92C was made for it.
Old February 24, 2018, 12:06 PM   #9
Tom Servo
Staff

As others have mentioned, they're a solid gun. They're actually made in a former Beretta factory, with Beretta machinery.

That said, many parts are incompatible, especially magazines. I once had a fun half-hour extracting a 92FS magazine the user had forced into the Taurus pistol.
Old February 24, 2018, 01:17 PM   #10
HistoryJunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
As others have mentioned, they're a solid gun. They're actually made in a former Beretta factory, with Beretta machinery.

That said, many parts are incompatible, especially magazines. I once had a fun half-hour extracting a 92FS magazine the user had forced into the Taurus pistol.
Yep I have to locate a few extra Taurus magazines. This gun is the only Beretta style pistol that I have liked since it is smaller.