The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 6, 2020, 07:31 PM   #1
MP-44

.22lr: Fiocchi SV vs CCI SV???

Has anyone run these two head to head in multiple guns?
Old January 6, 2020, 10:02 PM   #2
Mike38

Coincidence this would be brought up. I just tested 3 types. The old CCI SV "0035" in the blue box. The new CCI SV "35" in the blue box with orange stripe. And Fiocchi SV. Hands down, the Fiocchi beat both of the CCI in function and accuracy. This was out of two pistols, a Benelli MP95 and a Ruger MkII.

Out of 100 each, and clean pistols between ammo types, zero failures with the Fiocchi, zero with the old CCI, three failures with the new CCI, one failure to extract, two failures to fire.

I did not keep targets or take measurements of group sizes, sorry. My intent was for personal information only. I shoot Bullseye, so everything was one handed, at 25 yards.

Rumor has it, that CCI makes the Fiocchi SV, but to Fiocchi specs, or so I've been told. I liked the Fiocchi so much, I ordered a case, even though it's $100 more than CCI. I'm hoping to get the same lot number, but no guaranties.

Your results may vary, of course.
Old January 6, 2020, 11:52 PM   #3
FrankenMauser

That's funny.
...Because it's not a rumor.
CCI makes that stuff on the same equipment that produces their own ammo (and some Remington, and all Hornady, and more...).
I doubt that it's to any specification other than CCI's own, except for the label.