The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 5, 2017, 09:21 PM   #1
Rtruesdale39

Glock high capacity magazines issues

Ii recently bought a 9m fx9 rail rifle from classic firearms. My first 9 m and was intrigued by reviews and fact it uses glock magazines. It came with two high capacity (33) magazines. Each non oem glock magazines. Had issues with both jam up constantly so bought an oem glock lock magazines. Same thing.

I did use full metal jacket rounds if it matters.

That said still intrigued with glock extensibility so bought also a 4th gen glock 9m 26. Came with 2 15 round mags and one standard 10 rounder. All of which work flawlessly in my fx9.

Hi capacity mags seem to have similar fail rate in my glock 26.

Don't trust these mags. Thoughts?
Old October 5, 2017, 11:14 PM   #2
PPGMD

I've had no issues with the 33 round magazines in my PCC. I even use a pair with Taylor Freelance +10 extensions with no issues.
Old October 6, 2017, 02:30 PM   #3
hagar

The non OEM 33 rounds are junk. I got one with my Sub 2000 and it never works right. I have a Glock 33 rounder that works like a champ. No need to buy non OEM Glock mags as Glock mags are so cheap anyway.
Old October 6, 2017, 09:33 PM   #4
johnwilliamson062

Most of the non-OEM you see are Korean manufacture. Some have great luck, others do not. Di you try loading them a few under capacity?
Dissassemble and clean mags making sure everything is oriented correctly. Lower/higher power springs.
There are some general tips and tricks for magazines regarding feed lips and sometimes polishing the feed ramp will help.

Youtube
Old October 6, 2017, 10:57 PM   #5
CalmerThanYou

I have had good luck with ETS Extended mags. They feel a bit light.....but have proven to be reliable for me anyway. Made in USA, and transparent which is cool I guess.
Old October 7, 2017, 09:57 AM   #6
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtruesdale39 View Post
Ii recently bought a 9m fx9 rail rifle from classic firearms. My first 9 m and was intrigued by reviews and fact it uses glock magazines. It came with two high capacity (33) magazines. Each non oem glock magazines. Had issues with both jam up constantly so bought an oem glock lock magazines. Same thing.

I did use full metal jacket rounds if it matters.

That said still intrigued with glock extensibility so bought also a 4th gen glock 9m 26. Came with 2 15 round mags and one standard 10 rounder. All of which work flawlessly in my fx9.

Hi capacity mags seem to have similar fail rate in my glock 26.

Don't trust these mags. Thoughts?
The Korean made Glock mags I hjave all had very weak springs. Swap springs for Glock OEM, see what happens.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old October 7, 2017, 11:07 AM   #7
PPGMD

I've had nothing but issues with all ETS mags except the 31 round magazines. And even that one I can't load to capacity.

What I've tried
10 round Glock 26 Magazine
21 round 140mm USPSA Limited Magazine 9mm
27 round 170mm USPSA Open Magazine 9mm
31 round Glock 18 Magazine

For me ETS mags are avoid at all costs. The only after market magazines I've had good luck with are the Magpul Glock Pmags. I've tried every 9mm magazine that Magpul offers except the 170mm Open Magazine, and the 15 round Glock 19 Magazine.
Old October 7, 2017, 11:44 AM   #8
CalmerThanYou

Odd how inconsistent our experiences are. I use the Glock 18 ETS 9mm 31 rounders in my Kriss Vector, and I put a lot of Rounds down range with no problems. I guess trial and error is the only way to know.