The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 14, 2010, 06:19 AM   #1
waltfraz

Nolin drop in trigger

I have a officers colt I am sending out to be cerakoted and sending along nolin drop in trigger.The coater wanted extra 70.00 to replace trigger when gun is already going to be apart is there that much work to do on a drop in trigger which is supposed to need no fitting.
Old February 14, 2010, 10:02 AM   #2
WESHOOT2

Nowlin

I assume your 'coater' isn't just going to 'drop in' that new part, but actually do a trigger job.

But I been wrong before.....(I assume NO 'drop in' part will, and will need tweaking. I have a complete Nowlin 'drop in' ignition group in my $4,500 Caspian single-stack, and have found its quality --after now-fourteen years-- to be superb).
Old February 14, 2010, 02:09 PM   #3
Harry Bonar

drop in

Sir;
There is no such thing as a "drop-in" part.
Harry B.
Old February 15, 2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Idahogunsmith

Quality is of essence

While Nolin parts are of fantastic quality, most things general require some tuning. Just to supply the parts and expect a quality trigger jobs, is like buying gun and expect it to shoot, Both require human interaction. Most gunsmiths take a huge amount of liability when doing trigger work most will not tune triggers under 4-6 pounds especially for a carry gun, and most frown on anything lighter then 3.5 pounds in government model.

So bottom line is the cost is reasonable.

I'm proud to say Sam Colt was right! but Jefferson said it best "as for excerise, I believe in the gun it allows one to secure and bold!"

"No free should ever be debarred the use of arms "

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."